NFL News, Rumors and IN/Out for week 9

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Shocker: The #Falcons are trading WR Calvin Ridley to the #Jaguars, sources say, in exchange for complex draft compensation that can be worth at maximum a 2023 5th rounder and a 2024 2nd rounder. Ridley is suspended through at least the 2022 season.

There are conditions attached to this trade for Calvin Ridley. If he gets reinstated bye a date, it’s worth a 2023 5th, otherwise it's for a 6th. If he makes the team in 2024, it’s at least a 4th. If he hits play-time milestone, it’s a 3rd. If Jax get a long-term done, it’s a 2.

efactor

Coming at you
Shocker: The #Falcons are trading WR Calvin Ridley to the #Jaguars, sources say, in exchange for complex draft compensation that can be worth at maximum a 2023 5th rounder and a 2024 2nd rounder. Ridley is suspended through at least the 2022 season.
Very interesting. Hope he makes it back. Excellent WR and will help out Lawrence a lot.

Plus, I picked him up in HG 🍻

MongerKhan

Staff member
The #Broncos are trading for #Jets pass-rusher Jacob Martin, source said, one of several players expected to fill the void left by Bradley Chubb. Denver is giving up a 4th round pick in 2024 in exchange for a 2024 5th.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

There are conditions attached to this trade for Calvin Ridley. If he gets reinstated bye a date, it’s worth a 2023 5th, otherwise it's for a 6th. If he makes the team in 2024, it’s at least a 4th. If he hits play-time milestone, it’s a 3rd. If Jax get a long-term done, it’s a 2.
Per NFL.com
The Jags have acquired suspended wide receiver Calvin Ridley from the Atlanta Falcons, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday, per sources informed of the situation. The Falcons' trade return is two future draft picks that can range from a maximum compensation of a 2023 fifth-rounder and a 2024 second-round pick, which will be conditional upon Ridley's reinstatement.
Should Ridley be reinstated past a certain date, the 2023 fifth-round pick will turn into a sixth-rounder, per Rapoport. If Ridley makes the team in 2024, the second pick will be worth at least a fourth-rounder. A playing-time milestone converts the pick into a third-rounder and the Jaguars will give up a 2024 second-round pick if the team strikes a long-term deal with Ridley.

Phicinfan

Administrator
TRADE - DEN/NYJ - Denver gets Jacob Martin and 2024 5th rd pick from Jets, Jets get 2024 4th rd pick

Phicinfan

Administrator
Last minute trade - BUF/IND - Bills get Nyheim Hines from Colts, not sure of what was given up

Phicinfan

Administrator
Last minute trade - BUF/IND - Bills get Nyheim Hines from Colts, not sure of what was given up
Full deal, Hines to Buffalo, Zach Moss and conditional 2023 6th round pick to Colts - wow...

MongerKhan

Staff member
Dallas waits till the last minute to try and trade for Brandon Cooks. Didnt want to give up the picks Houston wanted.

MongerKhan

Staff member
My favorite trade is honestly Hockenson to the Vikings. I think that is HUGE for them and Kirk.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas waits till the last minute to try and trade for Brandon Cooks. Didnt want to give up the picks Houston wanted.
I thought the Chicago deal of a 2nd round pick for Claypool was a bad move, too high a cost, but I truly believe this poisoned a few deals for WRs, as it raised the cost up.