NFL 2019, week 15 in, out and other news

Remote Controller

The Pats being the Pats.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr

The tape doesn't lie.

And in the case of the this latest Patriots scandal with the #Bengals game, it won't.

On the eight minutes of data gathered on Sunday, the clear shooting of the sideline for an extended period of time and firestorm it set off.http://bit.ly/38mhBKW

Dehner Jr.: Sources say Patriots video focused for 8 minutes...
The onus will be on the NFL to decide if it buys the Patriots' explanation of independent contractors not knowing the rules.
theathletic.com

Last edited:

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Alshon Jeffery has a more significant injury than offensive tackle Lane Johnson who is apparently week-to-week. Probably the end of the year for him

Remote Controller

........and

"One other interesting fact from the incident is that the one member of the Patriots video crew actually tried to get rid of the video. According to ESPN.com, the cameraman who took the video for the Patriots asked NFL security if he could delete the footage and have the whole situation be forgotten, but instead, the league ended up confiscating the video. As things currently stand, the league and the Bengals are the only two entities with a copy of the video. "

JScott

Administrator
My friend, I know you hate Belichick but quoting a Bengals podcaster tweet as "news" is very CNN-esque.

On the eight minutes of data gathered on Sunday, the clear shooting of the sideline for an extended period of time and firestorm it set off.

"Data gathering" 😂 It was a Patriots TV film crew (not part of football operations) recording an Advance Scout doing his job for a production they're making. This guy's wording is purposely constructed to make it seem like they filmed the sideline for 8 minutes, but then says it was for "an extended period of time" inferring it wasn't the full 8 minutes. 🙄

I'm not saying this shouldn't be a topic or shouldn't be investigated. NE has too much history to ignore this. But I think in the end this will be proved a non-issue. Just like "filming" the Rams prior to the SB was proved to not have happened. Unfortunately like most stories today it won't matter. People will still point to it as another example of Patriots cheating regardless, and this Podcaster will never tweet a retraction if proved wrong.

But it does add to the Evil Empire lore. 👍 😈

Remote Controller

My friend, I know you hate Belichick but quoting a Bengals podcaster tweet as "news" is very CNN-esque.

"Data gathering" 😂 It was a Patriots TV film crew (not part of football operations) recording an Advance Scout doing his job for a production they're making. This guy's wording is purposely constructed to make it seem like they filmed the sideline for 8 minutes, but then says it was for "an extended period of time" inferring it wasn't the full 8 minutes. 🙄

I'm not saying this shouldn't be a topic or shouldn't be investigated. NE has too much history to ignore this. But I think in the end this will be proved a non-issue. Just like "filming" the Rams prior to the SB was proved to not have happened. Unfortunately like most stories today it won't matter. People will still point to it as another example of Patriots cheating regardless, and this Podcaster will never tweet a retraction if proved wrong.

But it does add to the Evil Empire lore. 👍 😈
Sorry.....this is going to get deep.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Derrius Guice Rb WAS going on IR, sprained knee ligament but with only 3 games left they didn't want to risk it

Phicinfan

Administrator
Atlanta officially puts Desmond Trufant Cb and Calvin Ridley Wr on IR

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lamar Jackson is saying he is good to go for thursday's game

Phicinfan

Administrator
Pittsburgh expecting both JuJu Smith, and Conner to practice this week

MongerKhan

Staff member
Saints DE Marcus Davenport suffered a significant foot injury and is out for the year. Will undergo surgery soon.

Huge loss for the Saints D

MongerKhan

Staff member
49ers sign Jordan Matthews.

Got him before Philly brought him back again lolol

Phicinfan

Administrator
Saints DE Marcus Davenport suffered a significant foot injury and is out for the year. Will undergo surgery soon.

Huge loss for the Saints D
News gets worse, Sheldon Rankins DT has an ankle injury that will make him possibly miss rest of season as well