News/Rumors post Super Bowl 2021 season

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Raiders - agree to trade OT Trent Brown to NE for unknown for now - but Trent redid his deal to reduce his cap hit and drop it from 2 years left to only 1 year.
So final deal is Raiders send Trent Brown and 2022 7th round pick to NE for a 2022 5th round pick

Phicinfan

Administrator
TB - planning to FT Godwin, so some wonder what happens to Shaq Barrett....
PIT - will not FT Bud Dupree
JAC - will FT OT Cam Robinson
DET - says they are NOT out of drafting a Qb in this draft - trying to drum up folks trading in??
BAL - working on long term deal for Mark Andrews

efactor

Coming at you
So final deal is Raiders send Trent Brown and 2022 7th round pick to NE for a 2022 5th round pick
Raiders gonna Raider. Should have known you can't give a guy like Brown a long term contract. Gets lazy when he's fat and happy.

Belichick gets a guy who will actually play for him and at LT for 11 million on a one year contract. When motivated for a new contract, Brown is an excellent tackle. Next year he gets a new contract and the Pats get a 3rd or 4th round comp probably. Nice move on their part

efactor

Coming at you
TB - planning to FT Godwin
As a Godwin owner in Shula, kind of disappointed. Was hoping he could go somewhere where he would be the man. Kind of like Diggs last year. Excellent player but won't put up dominant stats in TB with Brady spreading the ball around and seemingly preferring Evans.

Phicinfan

Administrator
ARI - no tag for Haason Riddick
MIN- cut Dan Bailey PK
CLE - cut Adrian Clayborn
Formerly retired OL Kyle Long is coming back to NFL
ATL - releasing OL James Carpenter
LAC - no tag for Hunter Henry

Phicinfan

Administrator
TB gets last minute deal with Lb Lavante David 2 years $25 million

efactor

Coming at you
No tag for Aaron Jones either. Looks like GB will roll with Dillon and Williams next year.

Jones in Miami maybe?

Phicinfan

Administrator
I read somewhere they are going to try to re-sign Jones. Wonder what he wants
I am wondering if a lot of teams let some key FAs go hit the market to determine the price...and then have a wink, wink agreement to let the current team try to better? Not that to do that isn't collusion or such..... :rolleyes:

Phicinfan

Administrator
I read somewhere they are going to try to re-sign Jones. Wonder what he wants
Okay just saw a story on PFT where the teams says they want him back but not at top tier Rb money...net they want a discount. As a RB, I would be very leery of doing that the way the NFL right now looks at Rbs mostly as plug and play......