Need help "fixing" team

brtdud7

i really don't see it as "giving up consistency", considering how "consistent" steve smith has been (less than 16 points only twicein our PPR). i know a 3 for 1 trade won't match up pointwise anyway

laurent wouldn't be starting for me anyway, and manningham has to compete with nicks and cruz now. and i'm tired of starks getting projected to be good and only putting up numbers to run out the damn clock with a 10 for 50 performance every week

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
I meant he is only one player. I LOVE the guy but there is risk.

The use of the term consistency may have been wrong. Meaning to say you are putting your entire point-scoring potential into one guy and if he goes down you really have lost. You knew that. I just could not say what I meant.

"He's great but if he goes down that's your season. You realize that right?" That's what I meant to say I think.

brtdud7

oh yeah i understand. i just wish that vjax was a more stable option. already ****ed me this week so far with only 3 points, but i figured that a top 5 WR like steve smith was a better option for me than manningham, laurent, and starks who i havent even started this season

another reason i was debating offering hernandez and smith to the guy with gresham (panthers homer) for andre and steve johnson...

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
I love Steve Smith. He's my hero. Manning-ham and laurent are starting to come on though. Manning-ham did this the last two years, start late. Starks is a keeper so there's my only logic with him. If you need some punch go for it if he will. Cam is nursing a hurting shoulder though.

brtdud7

Man, there's a guy ripe for the picking in my league. He's 8-2, but only has Wayne, Crabtree, Green, and Moore at WR, and only marcedes lewis and jared cook at TE. He also only has Pierre thomas, donald brown, and jonathan stewart at RB. i have no idea how he's 8-2. I'm in a perfect position I think since I have 3 good WRs (Smith, VJax, Marshall) and Damian Williams on the bench, and then McCoy, FJax, Murray, and Felix at RB. Would it be incomprehensible for me to possibly get Rodgers from him?

Could an offer of Eli, Hernandez, and VJax for Rodgers even be considered by him (I hate VJax's boom/bust games)? What about with Marshall or Smith instead of VJax? I could probably salvage the loss of one of them for the production of Aaron. Stafford might even end up being expendable if I can get it

It's probably insane, isn't it

Last edited by a moderator:

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
It's insane. It's totally sane. You try it and see if he accepts it. If he does it's sane. If he doesn't it's insane. Either way you lose nothing.

P.S. He's 8-2 beCAUSE of Rodgers

brtdud7

Alright here's the list of deal I made since making this thread:

Traded Damian Williams for Antonio Brown
Traded Fred Jackson and Vincent Jackson for Foster and Tate last week before injury, :D)
Traded Marshall and Hernandez for Fitzgerald

So now my roster

QB: Stafford, Eli
RB: McCoy, Foster, Murray, Felix, Tate
WR: Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Antonio Brown
TE: Witten
DST: Bengals

if only this was a dynasty league rather than a 3 keeper... damn