My team is falling to pieces! Take this trade?

Boozy

I lost J.C. last week and don't have crap as a RB now. Guy is offering me Hightower for Steve Johnson.
My team as is-
RB - Grant, I.Redman (Lost Rashad Jennings and Jamaal Charles)
WR - Hakeem Nicks, Steve Johnson, Nate Burleson, Robert Meachem, Mike Thomas, Austin Collie
TE - Jason Witten, Brandon Pettigrew
NON-PPR, 12 team leauge. Start QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K

Should I take this or shop around elsewhere? Or should I pick up Jonathan Stewart or Dexter McCluster on WW?
Although my feelings are that Dexter McCluster would bode better in a PPR leauge.

Last edited by a moderator:

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
You should be able to get more for Stevie... Hightower's value took a fairly big hit last week IMO.

Boozy

That's what I am feeling as well. I have two open spots on my roster due to dropping Charles and Hixon so I am hoping to pick Stewart up after WW as a FA to save my spot(6 right now)

cctekguy

Staff member
What is not being said here, Boozy, and what i think is pretty apparent to all (including you) is that you are screwed.

Chasing RB's in mid season is a no win proposition. You might get someone decent in a trade but he will cost you more than he's worth.

If it were ME in this situation, I would try to cash in on the very thing that cashed you out....INJURIES.

Keep your WR corp in tact (for the most part) and start clearing roster space for solid handcuffs, even if you have to trade a little something for them.

Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and Jason Snelling are some guys that are in line for huge value swings if the heir goes down.

You'll still have to play patchwork week to week from the wire to keep a full line-up but in order to save your RB situation you'll have to have a guy that steps up.

Meantime, Marshawn Lynch could probably be had on the cheap (maybe your beloved Pittsburgh D could win him) and he is still the #1 for an NFL team.

Blount might come cheap, or Shonn Greene.

Don't create a hole trying to fill another.

Best of luck to you Boozy, and for what it's worth....Best will be the next stud RB to go down so you might want to check the Detroit depth chart.

Fire

in the hole
What is not being said here, Boozy, and what i think is pretty apparent to all (including you) is that you are screwed.

Chasing RB's in mid season is a no win proposition. You might get someone decent in a trade but he will cost you more than he's worth.

If it were ME in this situation, I would try to cash in on the very thing that cashed you out....INJURIES.

Keep your WR corp in tact (for the most part) and start clearing roster space for solid handcuffs, even if you have to trade a little something for them.

You'll still have to play patchwork week to week from the wire to keep a full line-up but in order to save your RB situation you'll have to have a guy that steps up.

Don't create a hole trying to fill another.

Very solid advice here. Great job of showing folks how to get back in the race for the championship when early injuries cripple your team. You should write an article on this subject.

Fire

in the hole
Should I take this or shop around elsewhere? Or should I pick up Jonathan Stewart or Dexter McCluster on WW?
Although my feelings are that Dexter McCluster would bode better in a PPR leauge.

Stewart had 8 receptions for 100 yards last Sunday.

Jonathan Stewart ran for just five yards on six carries, but caught eight passes for 100 yards in Week 2.
The new coaching staff is using Stewart in the passing game more than he's ever been before. In his rotation with DeAngelo Williams, Stewart often plays on third downs and hauled in all eight of his Week 2 targets. It's a nice plus for Stewart's long-term value, though the committee backfield will continue to hurt his consistency.