Money League - Advice Needed

BevoBlitz

Ok, so it's a money league at work, 8 teams start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1Def, 1K. I drafted 7th. Here is my team.

QB -
Flacco
Favre

RB -
R. Rice
F. Gore
J. Charles
J. Best
Forsett

WR -
G. Jennings
Desean Jackson
Meachem
Bowe
Jacoby Jones
D. Bess

TE -
Cooley

Def -
Dallas

K -
Prater (does it really matter?)

I know that I didn't pick up backups for TE, Def, & K, but I've always ran with the idea that I can drop someone who is not producing and pick up someone for the bye week or trade for one early in the season and I think I'm better off picking up extra RB and WR than back-up TE and DEF.

Give me all that you have, I can take it. Thanks and I will return the favor on your thread.

BevoBlitz

Yeah the first round was QB heavy. Here is how the first round went.
1.1 C. Johnson
1.2 AP
1.3 Andre Johnson
1.4 Manning (dumb hillbilly from Tennessee had to have him.)
1.5 MJD
1.6 Brees
1.7 R. Rice (me)
1.8 Rodgers
2.1 Turner
2.2 F. Gore (me)

I didn't draft a QB until the 7th (Flacco)

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Ok, so it's a money league at work, 8 teams start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1Def, 1K. I drafted 7th. Here is my team.

QB -
Flacco
Favre

RB -
R. Rice
F. Gore
J. Charles
J. Best
Forsett

WR -
G. Jennings
Desean Jackson
Meachem
Bowe
Jacoby Jones
D. Bess

TE -
Cooley

Def -
Dallas

K -
Prater (does it really matter?)

I know that I didn't pick up backups for TE, Def, & K, but I've always ran with the idea that I can drop someone who is not producing and pick up someone for the bye week or trade for one early in the season and I think I'm better off picking up extra RB and WR than back-up TE and DEF.

Give me all that you have, I can take it. Thanks and I will return the favor on your thread.

First off welcome! Secondly I like the old school approach you took to build your team. If you can start 2 RB's and one more at the flex you're building a strong foundation with Rice, Gore, and Charles. I've watched Javid Best twice this pre-season and the thought that comes to mind is, "This guy is the truth." I like him a bunch this year.

Cooley is money this year and a solid value coming off injury. See Celek last season for projected scoring in my opinion.

I love Jennings as your #1 and Jackson as your #2. Bowe and Meachum are both high upside guys and I've seen good film on both. Jacoby Jones is money this year. And if you saw the Cowboys/Texans game he is a force in that offense. He's a superior #3/4 WR for your team given your top 2 and scoring format. Having depth at WR is very important and you've nailed it.

Now onto your weak area:

QB - Loves me some Flacco this year. Boldin, Mason, Rice are great targets. He's a solid #2 QB. Favre is one guy I'll continue to pass on (maybe in error) but I just don't trust him. Rice is gone and he was a big part of his stat line and you just can't ignore the fact that he's played in the NFL longer than some guys on his team have been alive. I see Favre as a #2 guy for those reasons. So to me you've got two #2 QB's in a system where you truly need one guy to be in the top 5. In today's scoring format an elite QB can take you very far in the playoffs. See if you can work a deal to upgrade to Brady or Rivers. Both of them are going to produce in bunches.

BevoBlitz

Thanks, I agree with everything you said. There were 7 QB's taken in the first 4 rounds. After I drafted Rice and Gore and the snake came back to me Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Schaub, and Brady were gone, so I was stuck with either going WR/WR or WR/QB. I chose Jennings and debated between Desean/Romo/Rivers but just couldn't see picking Romo who I had 35 overall and Rivers (39 overall) over Jackson (26 overall). By the time it came back to me they were both gone as well. I'm going to try and trade for a QB1 just have to throw the line in the water and see who bites.