Michael Irvin will host a Cowboys reality show

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
And apparently, there's no drugs or altercations involved! (yet)

Irvin will be hosting a reality TV show where 12 contestants will compete showcasing their football skills off to Irvin et al. The winner gets one of the 80 spots on Dallas's 2009 opening day training roster. That means no guaranteed roster spot or even a rookie contract of $300,000, but it does mean you get a shot. And let's be honest, we all saw what Mark Wahlberg did when he got a shot on Invincible.

This looks like a blatant rip off of that. Leave it to the Cowboys to find yet another way to get themselves onto the news and into the media. ;)

Reality TV offers spot on Dallas Cowboys - ESPN

Mike

Administrator
All joking aside, I think this is a potentially great idea FOR EVERY TEAM to pursue.

Lots of very talented kids out there on the streets who simply didn't have the chance to follow a dream like this. If the show lasts, at least a few will get a shot, and those that don't make it to the ultimate spot of making the roster have a chance of being seen by scouts and possibly getting an opportunity.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
All joking aside, I think this is a potentially great idea FOR EVERY TEAM to pursue.

Lots of very talented kids out there on the streets who simply didn't have the chance to follow a dream like this. If the show lasts, at least a few will get a shot, and those that don't make it to the ultimate spot of making the roster have a chance of being seen by scouts and possibly getting an opportunity.

Your right. But talking trash is how I survive this.......

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
shocker of all shockers, the cowboys fan likes the idea. of course its a humanitarian effort, not just another attempt at stealing the spotlight and driving fans into the new stadium.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
shocker of all shockers, the cowboys fan likes the idea. of course its a humanitarian effort, not just another attempt at stealing the spotlight and driving fans into the new stadium.

Is anything in the NFL really "humanitarian"?

Mike

Administrator
Well, apparently, I can't actually think this is a great idea without it being because I am a Cowboys fan, so may as well do the popular thing and just make jokes about it. I am sure this is how the media will be addressing it, should really help them with their ratings and phone calls.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Well, apparently, I can't actually think this is a great idea without it being because I am a Cowboys fan, so may as well do the popular thing and just make jokes about it. I am sure this is how the media will be addressing it, should really help them with their ratings and phone calls.

:rolleyes:

Get over it.