Longhorns yuk

hikeNbike

Is it too early too fire Charlie Strong? Want to give him a chance but growing impatient. Feels like forever since we fielded a winning team and I'm scared they are going to lose to Rice. They looked horrible against Notre Dame. With Texas resources they ought to have a good quarterback and they just haven't since Colt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Its not his fault. Look at years one and two at Louisville vs 3 and 4.

Patience. He has had only one true recruiting class and the OC went stupid last week.

No o line and a ton of freshman kids starting. That is no recipe for success.

Cleaning up after Mack will take awhile.

hikeNbike

Probably right patience is needed; I am ready for them to start winning again. Extremely disappointing loss last week to Notre Dame and the local media shows have been hammering them all week. Playing better this week granted against much weaker competition. 42 points so far, greatly helped by a defensive td and a punt return.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I saw fire. That's what was missing last week. Cal is going to be a very difficult opponent but if they play with that same fire we might have a shooters chance at it.

I get the feeling you are in Austin or close by. Nice to have a fellow outlaw closer than far north Texas or Louisiana.

hikeNbike

Another brutal game. We are looking at a 1-6 start with oklahoma and jsate coming up. Still have Baylor on thw achedule as well. A mediocre season is one thing but the wheels falling off is another. With the athletic director gone and a new one coming in remains to be seen if patience will be part of the equation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bodey24

Staff member
Charlie Strong is a good coach he just needs time to bring in a few of his recruiting classes. Look at his first two years at Louisville compared to years 3 and 4.