Keeper league Trade Advice

mills

Someone has offered me

Sammy Morris & Darren Sproles for Tashard Choice & Thomas Jones...

I receive Sammy Morris and Darren Sproles

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I wouldn't.

Sammy keeps getting hurt. Sproles may not be a starter, and not even in SD...so I would stick with choice and Jones.

mills

That's what I was thinking. Not sure what Choice's role will be next season, but I think he has a lot of upside. Jones is getting older, but he is still producing.

Coachnorm

I agree with Phicinfan's and your thinking Mills. Sammy runs well for the Pats when healthy but if he is the least bit banged up the Pats always seem to play the healthiest guy. With the Pats whomever that guy is, he plays well so playing even a guy that is 80 or 90% is not a priority. Sammie can start a couple of and play well twist an ankle and not play for a couple of games. This makes Morris a great flex type starter maybe six to eight times a year but that is it and the Pats play injury info close to the vest so you may not even know when it will be his turn to shine. Sproles could be good but there is a lot of mystery on how the RB roles in SD will play out.

Jones is a solid producer and even though Choices role next year is really up in the air from what we have seen this year we know he can step into the job and play very well. He was very effective rushing on a team that was in a death spiral and against some good Ds when it was his turn to play.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I agree with Phicinfan's and your thinking Mills. Sammy runs well for the Pats when healthy but if he is the least bit banged up the Pats always seem to play the healthiest guy. With the Pats whomever that guy is, he plays well so playing even a guy that is 80 or 90% is not a priority. Sammie can start a couple of and play well twist an ankle and not play for a couple of games. This makes Morris a great flex type starter maybe six to eight times a year but that is it and the Pats play injury info close to the vest so you may not even know when it will be his turn to shine. Sproles could be good but there is a lot of mystery on how the RB roles in SD will play out.

Jones is a solid producer and even though Choices role next year is really up in the air from what we have seen this year we know he can step into the job and play very well. He was very effective rushing on a team that was in a death spiral and against some good Ds when it was his turn to play.

To me this trade has two facets. What you get me now vs. what you get me later.

Now is T.Jones vs. Sammy Morris. To me this is a hands down for Jones. In an offense that I think will be devoted to the run with Ryan at HC.

The future is Sproles vs. Choice. Sproles played incredibly well for SD. But I still don't think he is a feature back. A change of pace at best. Choice on the other hand showed me he could potentially replace Marion Barber as the feature back in Dallas.

So in my estimation...you win with what you have.