FA Signing: Joel Dreeson signs with Broncos (and Tamme)

Arctic Dawgs

from MFL

(Rotoworld) Broncos agreed to terms with TE Joel Dreessen, formerly of the Texans. Analysis: Houston's free-agent exodus continues unabated. A fine all-around tight end, Dreessen has received high marks from Pro Football Focus for receiving and blocking the past couple of years. He's also proven capable of high-end TE2 fantasy numbers while filling in for Owen Daniels. His 2012 value depends on whether the Broncos add Dallas Clark or Jacob Tamme to the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

gizzil

Re: Joel Dreeson signs with Broncos

not the first TE that came to mind as a future bronco...

Arctic Dawgs

Re: Joel Dreeson signs with Broncos

and Tamme

The Denver Broncos added their second new tight end of the day Friday, reaching agreement on a three-year, $9 million deal with former Colt Jacob Tamme, who will be reunited with quarterback Peyton Manning.

Earlier Friday, the Broncos signed former Texans tight end Joel Dreessen to a three-year, $8.5 million deal.

Broncos are having a pretty good offseason

gizzil

thats what i was waitin on.... aren't the broncos "not a superbowl contender" according to those critical of manning's move?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Woohoo! my faith in Tamme is restored! I stashed him late on my dynasty team...figuring more on Clark decline...still :woohoo1:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Either one of these could be very nice sleepers......just a matter of which one.

xqj47alpha

Banned
more and more, everything that is going on with the Broncos is pointing to the disaster that befell the Vikings.

call it a hunch

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Bet on Tamme
Not sure.....he has the plus of knowing Manning and his tendencies and has had past success with him. Dressen IMO is just as talented of a TE IMO though. May come down to how much Dressen can gel with Manning from the start.

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
I honestly think they picked up Dreessen more for his blocking abilities than anything else. It's interesting though that the Broncos have now invested close to $18 million on TEs for Manning. They have 3 more TEs on the roster already. Manning is going to need more help in the RB department for his style of offense to work. JMO

gizzil

benson and addai are available! haha he had dog**** for mosta his time in indy why not in denver

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I honestly think they picked up Dreessen more for his blocking abilities than anything else.

I agree on this as well. Dreessen will be the blocking TE and Tamme will be the pass catcher.

It's interesting though that the Broncos have now invested close to $18 million on TEs for Manning. They have 3 more TEs on the roster already.

OR Elway is 1-upping Belichick. "Two tight end sets..ha...we have 5 tight end sets"