I hate the talk fo relocation!

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I am sick and tired of hearing about how some teams may relocate.
I hate relocation!

I hated it the Browns moved to Baltimore. It sucks because then they would be having these issue because they would have had Ray Lewis and a decent team.

I hated it when the Oilers moved to Memphis/Tennessee. Although I have gotten used to it now because Houston has a team again and their cheerleaders are smokin'!

Just get L.A. a new team! But I also don't want the NFL to expand to a silly size. In 20 years, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 36 teams. If they do, they definitely need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams per conference. It would probably be 3 divisions of 6 per conference.

DearbornDolfan

An LA expansion team would fail financially. LA is such a vain city they can't stomach the thought of a team representing them losing even once, much less staying with the bad initial years.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am sick and tired of hearing about how some teams may relocate.
I hate relocation!

I hated it the Browns moved to Baltimore. It sucks because then they would be having these issue because they would have had Ray Lewis and a decent team.

I hated it when the Oilers moved to Memphis/Tennessee. Although I have gotten used to it now because Houston has a team again and their cheerleaders are smokin'!

Just get L.A. a new team! But I also don't want the NFL to expand to a silly size. In 20 years, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 36 teams. If they do, they definitely need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams per conference. It would probably be 3 divisions of 6 per conference.

Well, just adding a team causes scheduling issues. Add to that two NFL teams are in dire straits right now due to market and market size.

Both Jacksonville and Buffalo are really hurting. Not sure on Jax...but Buffalo has a further issue in that the owner is getting old, and kids don't want the team. So a sale will need to be done soon anyways.

The ONLY advantage to LA is that there is now a group in place to build a new stadium, the land has been approved....AND the one guy WANTS to buy a team as well. Could be a great fit for Buffalo.

cctekguy

Staff member
I've always thought that moving a team was a little crappy too.

Owners whine that they aren't getting the fan support, but all they'd have to do is field a winning team, and all that requires is $$$.

Few markets will support a loser over decades. (Go Cubbies!!!) At some point you have to commit to winning and show the fans you are willing to pay the price to put winners on the field.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Sadly...I live in Mississauga (30 mins just west of Toronto)...our city has supported a losing team for years! I don't...but for some reason people are willing to pay top dollar for a team that loses! LMAO!

I hated it when Winnipeg (to Phoenix now their having problems), Quebec (to Colorado), Minnesota (to Dallas, but doing very well and has grown hockey in the US so this may not have been a bad thing), Hartford (to Carolina). But sometimes it has to happen and I know that...I just hate it though...