• Weight - 210
  • Projected 40 Time - 4.51
2008 Stats:
  • 68 Receptions
  • 1,222 yards
  • 12 Receiving TD's
Draft Projection - Round 1-2

NFL Impact

Nicks had an excellent year in 2008, ending his college career by burning West Virginia for 217 yds and 3 TDs in the bowl game. He was a good all around player for a team trying to resurrect itself under Butch Davis, a guy who knows a thing or two about good programs. Nicks has good instincts and good hands, and is not afraid to go over the middle, something NFL coaches will pay attention too. What hurts Nicks is his inability to generate yards after the catch. He lacks in separation speed and is not a deep threat. Nicks, with seasoning, "could" eventually turn into the Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker guy who doesnt do much after the catch but always finds a way to get open. I see him as a guy whou could drop to late day one and will end up at best a #2 WR in the pros. What do you think of Hakeem? Discuss.

Runnik's Hambones

Although people can recognize this guy, I still thinknhes an underrated reciever. One of the best prospects on the offensive side of the ball, IMO. I think this guy has the size and hands to become one of the most dominate #2 recievers in the pros. The only thing holding him back is his speed. He'll still be a threat. I love the guy.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I saw Hakeem Nicks on a "skills" challenge on ESPN before the Super Bowl. He did pretty darn well in the "drills", and was one of the only 1-2 round guys besides Donald Brown to show up.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
RH, I agree with you, I like this kid a lot! Nicks is a producer who runs very solid routes. Top end speed is a concern, but he knows how to get open and is a tough receiver who will make the though catch! Seattle could use a guy like this IMO.