Giants Lose CB Sam Madision for the Playoffs

Coachnorm

Giants coach Tom Coughlin confirmed Monday that the broken ankle suffered by CB Sam Madison in the season-finale loss at Minnesota will keep him out of the playoffs and end his season.
“I think you are talking about a too-short term here for recovery and come back,” Coughlin said. “And although that hasn’t been discussed today, last night after the game it was felt that he would unfortunately have to be finished; his season would come to an end.”
With an extra week off due to a first-round bye, the Giants will have a chance to get several players healthy. Coughlin said CB Aaron Ross (concussion) and TE Kevin Boss (ankle), who were both held out against the Vikings, would likely return to practice this week. Running back Brandon Jacobs, who the Giants rested with a bothersome left knee, is making progress and is also expected to be able to play.
“I hope so,” said Coughlin. “That is what we are leaning towards. We are counting on that taking place, certainly. … And this rest is certainly going to do him good. But I certainly would like to see, if possible, I would like to see him with some solid practice time as well. I’m not sure if we are going to be able to do that. But that would be the goal.”