Gabe Davis for 2022

efactor

Coming at you
Was just checking out a 2022 mock on CBS and they had him going in the 8th round, about pick 90. That seems like a really good value since he has been blowing up since Sanders got hurt and obviously a much more explosive player than Sanders at this point in his career.

-High octane offense: Check
-QB who can air it out: Check
-Top WR opposite him to draw coverage: Check
-Big play ability: Check

Seems more like a 5th rounder to me. Thoughts?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Uh don’t forget all the other Wrs there. He did this last year also for a period of time

efactor

Coming at you
Uh don’t forget all the other Wrs there. He did this last year also for a period of time
I don't think Sanders comes back. Beasley had a much reduced role.

When you have steak, you shouldn't ignore it in favor of hamburger helper ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't think Sanders comes back. Beasley had a much reduced role.

When you have steak, you shouldn't ignore it in favor of hamburger helper ;)
You also have Diggs, and McKenzie who basically replaced Beasley, plus Knox at TE. Just saying this has happened before with Davis. Not saying he isn't good, I really, really like him.

efactor

Coming at you
You also have Diggs, and McKenzie who basically replaced Beasley, plus Knox at TE. Just saying this has happened before with Davis. Not saying he isn't good, I really, really like him.
I get it BUT just don't see how they can ignore a guy who just went for 200/4 in a playoff game. That's not fluke performance.

Spreading the ball around is overrated. Your best receivers should be dominant in an offense. I say this with Dallas all the time. Cooper and Lamb should be targeted a lot more. Those 50 yards that Ced Wilson got could have been 80 throwing to the other guys.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I get it BUT just don't see how they can ignore a guy who just went for 200/4 in a playoff game. That's not fluke performance.

Spreading the ball around is overrated. Your best receivers should be dominant in an offense. I say this with Dallas all the time. Cooper and Lamb should be targeted a lot more. Those 50 yards that Ced Wilson got could have been 80 throwing to the other guys.
Honestly, it feels like he is taking Red zone from Knox. That was his largest impact this year. He has a nose for the end zone