Former Bucs WR Vincent Jackson is dead

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Former Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson was found dead Monday at a hotel room in Brandon.

Jackson, 38, who is a South Tampa resident, checked in to the hotel room on Jan. 11 and had been staying in a room since then.

Jackson’s family reported him missing on Feb. 10. Two days later, deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office located Jackson at the Homewood Suites oat 10240 Palm River Road and spoke with him.

After assessing Jackson’s well-being, the missing persons case was canceled.

Jackson was then located deceased around 11:30 a.m. Monday in his hotel room by a housekeeper.

There were no signs of trauma, deputies said. The medical examiner’s office has yet to assess the cause of death.

Sheriff Chad Chronister released the following statement:

“My heart aches for the many loved ones Vincent Jackson leaves behind, from his wife and children to the Buccaneers nation that adored him. Mr. Jackson was a devoted man who put his family and community above everything else. Football aside, he touched countless lives through his Jackson In Action 83 Foundation. We shared a passion for supporting military families, and three years ago, Jackson was even made an honorary deputy by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office to recognize his dedication to the community. He will be sorely missed by not only football fans across the country, but also the people here in Hillsborough County who reaped the benefits of his generous contributions.”

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
This sucks.. Great athlete and by the sounds of it a great all around human being with a lot of life left to live. Can't help but think fentynal might be involved but who knows...

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Even though it was determined he had stage 2 CTE, the official cause of death was released and it was basically chronic alcohol abuse that lead to a "natural" death.

Sad. 38 is really young to have drank yourself to death

efactor

Coming at you
Sad. 38 is really young to have drank yourself to death
Ugly way to die too. My oldest brother died of liver disease. Great guy. Hard worker. But the party wasn't over until the booze was gone. Went to rehab a couple times and was drinking again within a week both times. Took the view that he would rather live his life his way than sober.

Walter34

Ugly way to die too. My oldest brother died of liver disease. Great guy. Hard worker. But the party wasn't over until the booze was gone. Went to rehab a couple times and was drinking again within a week both times. Took the view that he would rather live his life his way than sober.
Pretty much the same story with my best friend. Died at 51. Cleaning out his house we found close to 50 empty 40 oz bottles. Very sad 😞