Former BC coach Jagodzinski hired as Bucs OC

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Pretty big signing out of Tampa for a team that looks to be moving in a promising direction with their recent coaching hires. New head coach Raheem Morris is just 32 years of age, younger than about half of that roster it seems, and he is going to need a lot of help.

Enter Jeff Jagodzinski, who just interviewed for the Jets job a few weeks ago and had been at the reins behind a meteoric rise for Boston College the last couple of years in the ACC. He runs a great pro-style offense that produced Matt Ryan and should adapt well to the NFL. Should be interesting to see which players he keeps and which he throws to the scrap heap to start over.

Great hire for Tampa imo!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
had been at the reins behind a meteoric rise for Boston College the last couple of years in the ACC.

Meteoric rise? They were 11-3 and 9-5 under Jags. The last 5 years under O'Brien?

2002: 9-4
2003: 8-5
2004: 9-3
2005: 9-3
2006: 10-3

Wouldnt exactly call more of the same a meteoric rise

behind Matt Ryan

Really? Ryan was a O'Brien recruit. Can't credit Jags with that one either.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Now the "hype" is diffused, I still think this is a great hire for Tampa. Jags was and is a good coach, and I really believe the college life was just not for him. All the being bothered by boosters, appearances, recruiting...can burn the wrong kind of guy out. Jags is back to doing what he does best, coach NFL football.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This is a good hire, but have to agree, the hype around him is greater than the reality IMO. He didn't really pull anything off in BC that they hadn't been doing....he just maintained and developed a great QB who we recruited by another as Sarge pointed out.

Overall though, i'd be happy if I was a TB fan with this signing.