First 2011 Sports Outlaw Mock Draft Discussion Thread

efactor

Coming at you
Re: First 2011 Sports Outlaw Mock Draft - Round 1

Man, I think if Carolina takes Newton, that could set the franchise back a long way. The pick and all that money. He's just too much of a risk IMO, but it looks like they are leaning that way. Good luck with that.

Like the Fairley pick. They need to get better against the run.

MNJHNSN

If DAREUS is there for the Browns no way they could pass on him. Would be a monster on their 4-3 defence. Someone to build around.

efactor

Coming at you
Man, I think if Carolina takes Newton, that could set the franchise back a long way. The pick and all that money. He's just too much of a risk IMO, but it looks like they are leaning that way. Good luck with that.

Like the Fairley pick. They need to get better against the run.

efactor

Coming at you
With Peterson off the board, I went with Quinn for my 49ers. They need someone who can get consistent double digit sacks. Was tempted to go QB, but felt it would be reaching for need (although a big one).

Fire

in the hole

And the lockout begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runnik's Hambones

Bucs are going DE. As a matter of fact, they'll take 2 DEs within the first 3 rounds. Mark my words.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Who is on the board worth the pick?????

Justin Houston is a situational player at best. You dont use a 1st round pick on a situational player.

Runnik's Hambones

Unlike most mocks out there, I don't think Tampa goes OLB with either top 3 picks. I see 2 DEs and an ILB. I understand your argument though, this mock saw most of the Bucs prospects picked early. In this situation they trade back, IMO. You were clearly left with nothing for that pick.

I like some of the other DEs but only a bit later in the 1st or early 2nd.

OLB isn't really that much of a need. They'll resign the current players. It's Rudd who they may need to replace.

Last edited by a moderator:

DearbornDolfan

Not in love with Mark Ingram in general and definitely not to Miami. I think too many people are trying to make him out to be Emmitt Smith MkII and I don't think it fits; I actually think Daniel Thomas is going to end up being the better back, but that's just me. I also think Daniel Thomas is a better fit for the type of back Miami likes.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Not in love with Mark Ingram in general and definitely not to Miami. I think too many people are trying to make him out to be Emmitt Smith MkII and I don't think it fits; I actually think Daniel Thomas is going to end up being the better back, but that's just me. I also think Daniel Thomas is a better fit for the type of back Miami likes.

Well if Thomas turns out to be washed up and injury prone he is definately a Miami RB

JScott

Administrator
Justin Houston is a situational player at best. You dont use a 1st round pick on a situational player.

You can if you have 3 picks in the top 33.

1.28 Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia ... NE hasn't had an good outside pass rusher in years. And Houston showed he could go 3-4 in his last season at Georgia. BB also loves him some SEC players. With McCourty quickly developing into a top CB and the rest of the secondary improving late last season, along with Mayo and Spikes in the middle, adding the likes of Jordan (DE) to a good D-line and Houston at OLB takes the D to the next level. NE won't have to rely so heavily on the offense to outscore their opponent to win.

{If Pounecy falls to this spot though he'd be the pick}