End Of The RB Era?

maverick824

I feel like there's less turnover year to year among the elite wideouts. Top shelf RB's usually have that big elite year, then come back down to earth. You have outliers like AP, Forte, Lynch that have been top guys for 4-5 years, but for every one of those, there are 2 of the Demarco Murray variety backs that had that 1 or in some cases 2 year run, then couldn't replicate and redacted to the mean. Elite wideouts hold their water much longer, and can be just as consistent as that elite RB production. So, I'm still of the mindset that if I can grab a Bell, a Gurley, a Gordon (not giving up yet), I will, but in longer haul leagues, it's easier to load up on elite WR's and stay competitive, especially when you work the waiver wire and land that RB (D. Freeman) that just finds situation gold.

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't disagree with anything that has been said here, but bottom line, teams that are in the hunt are searching for RBs and willing to give up WRs for them.

I understand the elite WR approach...it gets you close. But it's the teams with the solid RB corps that are gonna win the championship.

I can trade you 1 Devonte Freeman for 3 Allen Robinsons.

The value is still in RBs and the scarcer they become the more value they will have and the teams that have them will rule the roost.

bodey24

Staff member
I don't disagree with anything that has been said here, but bottom line, teams that are in the hunt are searching for RBs and willing to give up WRs for them.

I understand the elite WR approach...it gets you close. But it's the teams with the solid RB corps that are gonna win the championship.

I can trade you 1 Devonte Freeman for 3 Allen Robinsons.

The value is still in RBs and the scarcer they become the more value they will have and the teams that have them will rule the roost.
The way Freeman is playing you are right. But he could have also been drafted in the 10th round. The rbs who were drafted early have been a disappointment or dropping like flies. If you picked forte, Foster, Miller, Hill, Bell, randle etc over the elite wrs then you are in big trouble. The teams who took the elite wrs early and hit on rbs like Freeman, gurley, woodhead, etc later on are the ones who are going to win the championship.

hikeNbike

Of course you can never predict injuries so Bell, Forte, Charles owners still made good picks just didn't work out. But Hill, Lacy, CJ Anderson have all been busts to this point. Glimmer of hope for CJ this week. I think going forward I'm a full proponent of the 2 wr theory if you draft late in the first round. Even if the top wrs don't totally live up to expectations they rarely are busts. Demarius Thomas hasn't been as good as I expected but still been a productive player I can put in my lineup each week. Can't say the same for Hill and Lacy.

Also loading up on wrs early gives you a chance to load up on rb lottery tickets late while others are trying to fill out their roster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Lacy piles up his numbers once it starts getting colder outside. Always has.

hikeNbike

Lacy piles up his numbers once it starts getting colder outside. Always has.
Hope your right. Was he this out of shape last year though? Just doesn't look like he is in physical condition to turn it around.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk