Dom Capers is the new DC in Green Bay

dukdown

Banned
I will personally be shocked if they move Kampman to OLB. Think he'll make a fine hybrid 3-4 DE, in the Justin Smith mold. Really think their first round pick will be on an impact playmaker like LB Aaron Curry of Wake Forest. He's one of the most athletic players, at any position, that I saw play this year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will personally be shocked if they move Kampman to OLB. Think he'll make a fine hybrid 3-4 DE, in the Justin Smith mold. Really think their first round pick will be on an impact playmaker like LB Aaron Curry of Wake Forest. He's one of the most athletic players, at any position, that I saw play this year.
Most mocks I have seen have them going CB in first round, as they will be moving current Cb to safety. Jenkins from Ohio State seems to be the most common pick.

dukdown

Banned
I think it's fair to say, in regards to the Packers specifically, very rarely does anyone among even their most arduous supporters, really peg what Ted Thompson is gonna pull the trigger on in the drafts. I also think that in the 3-4, if you follow what teams that run it at the highest levels, that their number-one priority is bringing in big, fast athletes that can get to the quarterback. The whole basis of the defense is pressure on the quarterback, more than coverage in the secondary. You basically in the secondary want players who can tackle and have strong ball skills. I think that the NFL does not put Top-10 value on those players, and in regards to the Packers, especially when you a have players playing at a high-level like Woodson and Harris, Bigby and Collins. They just need to add some quality depth in the secondary, especially players who can contribute positively in the Special Teams.