Detroit to hire Titans Defensive Coordinator Jim Schwartz as head coach!

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Breaking news being reported on ESPN that the Lions now have a coach. What do you guys think??

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I wish he was getting his chance with a better team. But he has been passed over too many times already.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Tenny does all the basics really well. Detroit can't do anything right. I like a simplistic approach to rebuilding this team

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
should be interesting to see how this affects calvin johnson. tennessee isnt exactly known for producing star WR numbers, but schwartz has never had a talent like megatron either. the best offensive weapon he's had was probably chris johnson this year, and he did pretty well to build the offense around him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I like the idea of a DC there. Granted the last coach was a DC, but with Martz there the defense wasn't nearly in charge as had should have been.

That said, the one thing this team needed was someone to drill the simple fundementals. If he can do that, more power to him. He has a huge hole to work with though. No real Qb, bad O-line, poor D-line and no real defensive studs to build with.

Fire

in the hole
It's time for a change in Detroit, and since his name doesn't start with an "M", this is a change. (Matt Millen, Martin Mayew, Marty Morningweg, Mariucci, Marinelli)

From what I have read about him, I like the guy. Eight years as DC under a solid HC. Seems like he adapts a system to fit the players, instead of the other way around. Doesn't have much talent to work with, but must like a challenge if he is willing to take this job. More power to him, and I wish him the best of luck. Hope he is good at evaluating talent because it will take more than one good draft to start turning this team around. Maybe he can talk Albert Haynesworth into coming along with him.

Last edited by a moderator: