College kids going into the NFL early

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
We were decimated at LSU last year by kids that still had college eligibility jumping to the NFL but this year looks even worse to me. Five kids from the defense jumped ship and were drafted into the NFL this past season.

Going early from the Tigers this year are:

Trai Turner OG

Jarvis Landry WR

Odell Beckham WR

Jeremy Hill RB

Anthony Johnson DT

Ego Ferguson DT

On top of that there's still another day left for someone else to bolt.

And oh yeah our QB graduates to boot. These schools make a commitment to the players and I think it's past time for the players to be committed to the schools. The NCAA Football gawds should mimic what the do with college baseball players. If a kid enrolls at a university on a baseball scholarship he's not allowed to "turn pro" until his class has finished their junior year at school. That works for me. The NFL needs to get their dirty paws off of the college kids and let them learn a life lesson about commitment.

What about you college fans? How's your school effected this year by kids leaving early? How do you personally feel about it? Should the rules be changed in your opinion? Does it piss you off any where near as much as it does me?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
They need to send a message that there is life after sports. It'll never happen but make them stay till they have that degree.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Heck Khan I'm not even asking for that but I'd love it IF it ever happened. Just do it the way baseball does. You start school and you're not going pro until your class finishes their junior year. Drop out of college and you're still waiting until your class finishes their junior year.