Chicago Bears Draft Analysis

RLLD

Round 3, Pick 4 (68) (From Seahawks) Jarron Gilbert DE 6'5" 288 San Jose State
Analysis : I was not impressed with this pick, unless this guy steps up his game a bunch this will be a wasted pick. he has all the tools to suggest he could one day become a substantial performer, but IMHO is too lazy to make it happen.

Round 3, Pick 35 (99) (Compensatory selection) Juaquin Iglesias WR 6'1" 210 Oklahoma
Analysis : LOVED this pick, they got themselves a nice WR right here who can likely see the field very early on if only as a kick returner, but with Cutler at QB, he will make strides much faster. Great pick.

Round 4, Pick 5 (105) (From Seahawks) Henry Melton DE 6'3" 260 Texas
Analysis : The good news is that he is very talented and has speed to spare. He is a superb athelete who will give linemen fits in pass protection. The bas news is that his frame cannot tolerate any additional size, and he will very likely find himself completely absent against the run.

Round 4, Pick 19 (119) D.J. Moore CB 5'9" 192 Vanderbilt
Analysis : He will provide depth for now, his size is going to be his biggest obstacle to overcome, but if he shows the ability to jam NFL WR's and leap with them, he has all the speed in the world, no one is getting behind him....except for perhaps Heyward-Bey....

Round 5, Pick 4 (140) (From Seahawks through Broncos) Johnny Knox WR 6'0" 185 Abilene Christian
Analysis : This guy was drafted to do one thing, run like a bat out of hell straight down the field. He does not seem to know what a "route" is, but has the kind of burner-speed that will stretch defenses to their limit.

Round 5, Pick 18 (154) Marcus Freeman LB 6'0" 239 Ohio State
Analysis : This guy is something of an enigma. He has the right size, strength and speed, and even seems to have the right mindest and work ethic, but his production just never seemed to match these factors. I am curious to see jsut what they do with him and just how he fares at the NFL level, if he makes the team....

Round 6, Pick 17 (190) Al Afalava FS 5'11" 213 Oregon State

Analysis : A workout warrior he does seem to have the physical tools to range in the defensive backfield both in runn support and pass defense, if he can get himself under control and not overplay. Immediate starter on special teams, a freaking terror as a gunner....

Round 7, Pick 37 (246) (Compensatory selection) Lance Louis OG 6'2" 303 San Diego State
Analysis : Flew under the radar for the most part, but is a rather substantial athelete with raw speed, good footwork and great hands. Not sure why he fell this far to be honest. Likely a fixture on that OL at guard for years to come.

Round 7, Pick 42 (251) (Compensatory selection) Derek Kinder WR 6'0" 202 Pittsburgh
Analysis : A good athelete, he has respectable speed, not sure why a kid his size seemed to have so much trouble getting jammed at the line in college. I suspect he just needs some good coaching and could certainly make the roster.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i thought chicago had (unfortunately, as a vikes fan) an outstanding draft considering their picks leftover after the jay cutler deal. i think each of the first 6 guys drafted will make a moderate impact this year. gilbert could turn into a star on that defense, and loved the moore and iglesias picks for them too.