Buffalo Bills Draft Analysis

RLLD

Round 1, Pick 11 (11) Aaron Maybin DE 6'4" 249 Penn State
Analysis : Hard to give a truly good measure of this guy with so little game time analysis available. He did have a fantastic run as a starter last year, and appears to be fast as hell. At 250lbs he is marginal against some of the big NFL lineman, might need to add 10-20lbs, and that quickness might not be as prominent, but at 6' 4", one would think he has some room to add on....

Round 1, Pick 28 (28) (From Panthers through Eagles) Eric Wood C 6'4" 310 Louisville
Analysis : Excellent pick, perhaps a little high, but getting the best center in the draft is solid at the 28th spot. he will anchor the middle for years to come.

Round 2, Pick 10 (42) Jairus Byrd CB 5'10" 207 Oregon
Analysis : A playmaker to be sure he will also be tested mightily and it will be fun to see if this ballhawk can ramp his game up against the likes of Manning and Brady.

Round 2, Pick 19 (51) (From Cowboys) Andy Levitre OL 6'3" 305 Oregon State
Analysis : By itself a nice pick, the guy can play gaurd or right tackle, but when taken with Wood at #28, the pick becomes even better. Two young lineman who likely anchor the OL for years to come, great work....

Round 4, Pick 21 (121) (From Eagles) Shawn Nelson TE 6'5" 240 Southern Miss
Analysis : Pure pass catcher who cannot be left alone to block DE's in the NFL. He gives them another decent passing weapon.

Round 5, Pick 11 (147) Nic Harris S 6'2" 234 Oklahoma
Analysis : Big for a safety, he likely establishes himself as a linebacker at some point, giving them some depth at the position mostly.

Round 6, Pick 10 (183) Cary Harris CB 5'11" 187 Southern Cal
Analysis : Has some great press coverage ability, but his ability to run with NFL WR's will be his undoing, purely a nickle package guy to play the under routes...

Round 7, Pick 11 (220) Ellis Lankster DB 5'9" 191 West Virginia
Analysis : When considering him with the other defensive backfield picks it becomes clear that there was a tilt toward the running game with these selections. if he does actually make the roster his presence will be for situational run-stopping instances, and special teams.

On Monday.....Carolina Panthers

Runnik's Hambones

The more I think about it, the more I see Aaron Maybin as the next Gaines Adams. He should produce, but he wont.

Eric Wood, awesome selection.

Jarius Byrd, I like.

Andy Levitre was a need for them, good fill. Best G in the draft.

I love Cary Harris. Plays the bumb and run better than people give him credit for.