Bruce Gradkowski a Bengal?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Bruce Gradkowski, according to his agent, Rick Smith, is now a Bengal.

Hmm...thats interesting to me and the situation up there

Runnik's Hambones

Would be a good move for Bruce. He's got a lot of talent. That doesn't make him a starter in the NFL, however. I doubt he'll find a lot of success but he would at least be on the field.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Hurts Andy Dalton in the short term, but Grad wont hold on to the reigns for long.

Disagree here. The plan still remains for Dalton to start this year. What they want for Grad is to be the vet to help the rookie learn the offense, and have a solid back up if needed.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Disagree here. The plan still remains for Dalton to start this year. What they want for Grad is to be the vet to help the rookie learn the offense, and have a solid back up if needed.

Im aware of the plan, but the plan and what happens might be two different things. This season is already lost for the likely 4-12 Bengals. No sense in throwing him out there week one if week three would be better.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I saw this update flash across my yahoo toolbar. I understand the theory that he'll teach the rookie, but exactly how much "winning" education can Grad impart on his young Skywalker?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I saw this update flash across my yahoo toolbar. I understand the theory that he'll teach the rookie, but exactly how much "winning" education can Grad impart on his young Skywalker?

Teaching the kid to win isn't needed. Look at what he has done in college. No, he was brought on to teach the kid the system, and be a veteran voice, which Cincy didn't have. He also has talent enough to start if needed, but not good enough that he would force Dalton to the bench.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
True, but there's more to being a good QB than knowing a system. When I think of a veteran teaching a rookie, I think of someone who can develop his senses , improve his blindfolded intuition on the line, during the play and during preparation as he's navigating his team through a top-notch defense. Grad IMO never really got into the rhythm of leading the team and I'm just wondering how effective he's really going to be when he himself was still learning the nuances of the position and the change-of-pace techniques.