Bill Cowher not planning on coaching in 2009

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
During the NFL Today show yesterday Cowher came out and stated he was flattered with the attention, but he does not feel the timing is right and he has no plans of coaching in 2009. This was after he was pursued by Cleveland and New York in the last couple weeks.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Translation - Nobody offered enough money :)

Or had a quarterback worth keeping. :) One of his stipulations was that he didn't inherit crap or a project at quarterback. That pretty much eliminates everywhere but Denver.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he came to Denver. :runaround:

I would be pretty :jerkoff:

He and Shannie both were successful for 14 and 15 years and Shannie brought home one more Lombardi than he did. Not to mention he would want to run the whole show - something that didn't work Shannie, Holmgren, Sherman, or Butch Davis. I can't think of an example the coach/gm combo working.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
why would you leave that if youre him? nothing to prove, time with your family, plenty of cash. why bother?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Honestly, I think he is looking for one particular job. He wants to stay close to home when he coaches. Had Carolina sucked this year...and that job opened up....I think you might have seen a different status on the Chin