Adrian McPherson and Ahman Green join Montreal Alouettes

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Alouettes sign Adrian McPherson to extension - CFL - Yahoo! Canada Sports

MONTREAL - The Montreal Alouettes extended the contract of backup quarterback Adrian McPherson through the 2012 season Wednesday.

The CFL club also confirmed the signing of former NFL running back Ahman Green to a two-year contract.

The six-foot-three, 220-pound McPherson has appeared in 44 games, starting four, with Montreal since 2008. He did rush for 121 yards last season in a game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the second-highest ever total for an Alouettes quarterback.

"I want to be a great quarterback in this league and I want to be a part of a great organization,"McPherson said in a statement. "I feel this is the best opportunity for me.

"I'm very happy to extend my stay in Montreal.''

News that Montreal had agreed to terms with Green, 33, began circulating in early February. Green spent 12 seasons in the NFL, including seven with the Green Bay Packers, becoming the franchise's career rushing leader with 8,208 yards.

Overall, the six-foot, 220-pound Green ran for 9,205 career yards in the NFL and scored 60 touchdowns. With his arrival, the Alouettes allowed Avon Cobourne, the MVP of last year's Grey Cup, to sign with division rival Hamilton as a free agent.

"We welcome the experience that Ahman will bring to our running back competition," Montreal GM Jim Popp said in a statement. "He is a battle-tested player and we are looking forward to him bringing that experience to the Alouettes.''

Last season, Green appeared in eight games with the UFL's Omaha Nighthawks, rushing for 253 yards on 68 carries while registering eight catches for 50 yards.

I bet more NFL players will be doing this if a CBA is not agreed upon!!! :grin: