25) Jacksonville Jaguars
26) New York Giants
27) Dallas Cowboys
28) Buffalo Bills
29) Cincinnati Bengals
30) New Orleans Saints - trade for Sean Payton from Denver from SF
31) Philadelphia Eagles
32) Kansas City Chiefs

Teams currently without a first round pick: San Francisco, Cleveland, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
Those dumb, dumb Texans. Having the #1 pick could have been huge in either the player picked or the draft capital acquired vs the #2 pick.

But having #2 and #12 after picking the Browns pocket will go a long way in their rebuild. Hopefully.

As much as I despise them, got to give Seattle some props on the Wilson deal. They got Cross out of it last year, now the #5 pick and a high 2nd for what looks like a washed up QB.

Lions looking good with the #6 pick from the Rams and their own #18. Future is bright. Been a while since anyone legitimately thought that

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Those dumb, dumb Texans. Having the #1 pick could have been huge in either the player picked or the draft capital acquired vs the #2 pick.

But having #2 and #12 after picking the Browns pocket will go a long way in their rebuild. Hopefully.
Well they should get QB they want, as Bears don't need a QB, then again, the Bears would be smart to trade back as they need pretty much everything.
Houston also has 5 picks in first two rounds this year. It will help a ton, and new HC will get to pick HIS Qb, for better or worse.
As much as I despise them, got to give Seattle some props on the Wilson deal. They got Cross out of it last year, now the #5 pick and a high 2nd for what looks like a washed up QB.
Yup, good job by Seattle
Lions looking good with the #6 pick from the Rams and their own #18. Future is bright. Been a while since anyone legitimately thought that
I really like what the Lions have done, and they will only get better after this draft. NFC North is about to get very entertaining.

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, I think the Bears trade the pick. As you said, they are set at QB and have needs pretty much everywhere.

The Texans winning that game just brought back bad memories of Chip Kelly going all out to win the last game of 2016 and costing the 49ers Myles Garrett or a big haul for the pick. Chip was probably going to be fired anyway, but that sealed his fate.

No win in the last game of the season is going to change the culture. If losing a game is going to get you the #1 pick, just lose baby. You obviously suck if you are in that position and nobody is going to call you out for losing. The difference in #1 vs #2 can be franchise altering. Just ask the Jets. Bet they really cherish that win in the last game of the season in 2020 as they watch Zach Wilson and think "what if"

hikeNbike

I'm just not certain the Bears are going to get a haul for the pick unless one of the qbs separates themselves. Seems like the Bears want either will Anderson or the Georgia lineman whose name escapes me at the moment. That limits their trade partners. Texans don't really have to trade up that badly being at 2, at least it doesn't feel like it. This draft doesn't feel like 2021 where Trevor Lawrence was the clear #1 pick. I feel like Young, Fields and Levis all have some questions. Unless one separates himself feels to me like the Texans should just hold pat, decent chance Bears end up just making the pick and not taking a QB and worst case someone trades up and takes a QB, and the Texans then chose from the other two. I see the top 3 qbs with an equal chance of success so decent chance the team trading up makes the wrong pick.

hikeNbike

That's not to say that the Texans didn't screw up by winning and dropping to 2nd. More that I wouldn't compound the mistake by trading away valuable picks when the team needs a bunch of players.

Walter34

I'm just not certain the Bears are going to get a haul for the pick unless one of the qbs separates themselves. Seems like the Bears want either will Anderson or the Georgia lineman whose name escapes me at the moment. That limits their trade partners. Texans don't really have to trade up that badly being at 2, at least it doesn't feel like it. This draft doesn't feel like 2021 where Trevor Lawrence was the clear #1 pick. I feel like Young, Fields and Levis all have some questions. Unless one separates himself feels to me like the Texans should just hold pat, decent chance Bears end up just making the pick and not taking a QB and worst case someone trades up and takes a QB, and the Texans then chose from the other two. I see the top 3 qbs with an equal chance of success so decent chance the team trading up makes the wrong pick.
That is the $64,000 question. There are a lot of QB needy teams though. You may be right about the Texans, but others include:

Indy
Seattle (possibly - Geno??)
Detroit (possibly - Goff??)
Raiders
Atlanta (possibly)
Carolina
Tennessee
Washington

I was in the trade down and draft Carter camp until the arrest. Now I am leaning towards trading down multiple times outside of the top 5 and the Bears getting a bunch of picks instead of 1 high one. Limits the bust risk

Two months of speculation ahead of us.

hikeNbike

A good trade for the Panthers as they've been stuck without a QB, and if there was no guarantee they were getting a QB at 9 but man the skill players around him are limited with McCaffrey and now DJ Moore shipped out.

Phicinfan

Administrator
A good trade for the Panthers as they've been stuck without a QB, and if there was no guarantee they were getting a QB at 9 but man the skill players around him are limited with McCaffrey and now DJ Moore shipped out.
I assume they will do what they did last year, go heavy run with Chubba Hubbard and Miles Sanders now, and keep the pressure off the young QB. Defense should be pretty solid again as well

Phicinfan

Administrator
Updated post Aaron Rodgers trade - and swap of 1st round picks with Jets