2022 Phicinfan's 2nd NFL Mock draft

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, this is my fun one. This is the one if "I" were GM, I would do this, even though I am NOT a GM and probably should not be :D

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - Aiden Hutchinson DL Michigan - you just can't have enough edge rush in NFL.
2) Detroit Lions - Travon Walker DL Georgia - this is a typical Detroit move. This may work out...but....
3) Houston Texans - Ikem Ekwonu OT NC State Need to fix the offense on a team that needs every thing
4) New York Jets - Kayvon Thibodeaux DL/LB Oregon - again, can't have enough edge rush
5) New York Giants - Evan Neal OT Alabama - he can play guard, Right Tackle and Left Tackle - Giants are getting it right here....
6) Carolina - here is where we have fun. Panthers need a real Qb, and Sam Darnold isn't it. However, taking a Qb here at #6 is insane as the Qb's in this draft don't deserve it. But a trade...... TRADE - Green Bay sends #22 and #28 and a 2023 2nd round pick to Carolina for the #6 pick - Green Bay selects - Garrett Wilson Wr Ohio State
7) New York Giants - Ahmad Gardner Cb Cincinnati its a need for Giants and he is the best in this draft
8) Atlanta - Jameson Williams Wr Alabama - Atlanta won't be good this year, so they can take the best Wr in this draft and let him heal up.
9) Seattle - Devin Lloyd Lb Utah - need a Wagner replacement - would have loved to have traded down, but teams won't see value here to do it.
10) New York Jets - did defense first, not addresses offense with Drake London Wr USC
11) Washington - Qb? No, OL? Maybe. Defense - they have DL, they need Lbs and Cbs. Going 2nd best Corner here - Derek Stingley Jr Cb LSU - everyone forgets this is a defensive minded coach.
12) Minnesota - Trent McDuffie Cb Washington - Corner is a real need, and he is a top talent
13) Houston - got the OT they needed, now lets get a top Wr to throw to for Davis Mills - Chris Olave Wr Ohio State
14) Baltimore - went DT last mock, but OT is a real need and a top flight talent is there - Charles Cross OT Mississippi State
15) Philadelphia - Top Wrs are mostly gone and so are the Cbs. Lets get some more Edge rush help - Jermaine Johnson II DL Florida State
16) New Orleans - Need a LOT to protect the Qb they desperately need as well - OT Trevor Penning Norther Iowa
17) Los Angeles Chargers - Lb is a need, but a run stuffing space eating DT to free up edge rush is the real ticket. - Jordan Davis DT Georgia
18) Philadelphia - TRADE - GM from Philly can't help himself.... - Detroit sends #32 and #34(2nd round pick) for pick #18. Detroit selects - Nakobe Dean ILB Georgia
19) New Orleans - Time to get the #2 Wr they desperately needed - Treylon Burks Wr Arkansas
20) Pittsburgh - DT - Devonte Wyatt Georgia
21) New England - Cb Andrew Booth Jr Clemson
22) Green Bay - TRADE previously with Carolina - Carolina selects - David Ojabo DL/OLB Michigan
23) Arizona - OL is a real need to protect mighty mouse Kyler Murray - Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M
24) Dallas - DE George Karlaftis Purdue
25) Buffalo - Cb Kyler Gordon Washington
26) Tennessee - Jahan Dotson Wr Penn State - will be the burner outside to free up Woods and A.J. Brown
27) Tampa Bay - Tyler Linderbaum C/OG Iowa - need interior OL to help protect Brady - eventual long term player at C
28) Green Bay - TRADE previous trade with Carolina - Carolina TRADE - Seattle - Seattle ends 2022 picks 40 and 41 and a 2023 2nd rounder to Carolina for pick 28 - Seattle selects Malik Willis Qb Liberty - so much for Drew Lock as long term starter.... This is the only way a Qb goes in round 1 IMO. Salary is manageable, and he has the 5th year option so you can let him develop. No brainer here.
29) Kansas City - Skyy Moore Wr Western Michigan
30) Kansas City - Kaiir Elam Cb Florida
31) Cincinnati - Zion Johnson OG Boston College - keep rebuilding that OL to protect Burrow
32) Philadelphia - George Pickens Wr Georgia

Now you say wait a minute, Carolina never got their Qb. Yes they did, at the end of day 1 - Carolina sends ONE of their acquired 2nd round picks for 2023 to Cleveland for Baker Mayfield Qb - I actually kinda like Baker, when healthy he can play, and with Carolina he has a shot to redeem himself. I would have gone with Garoppolo instead, but the late shoulder surgery scared me off.

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
Okay, this is my fun one. This is the one if "I" were GM, I would do this, even though I am NOT a GM and probably should not be :D

13) Houston - got the OT they needed, now lets get a top Wr to throw to for Miles Davis - Chris Olave Wr Ohio State
Miles Davis at QB. Now that would definitely be fun ;)

efactor

Coming at you
If they did draft Olave, I would think they would move Cooks. He would bring a decent pick and they aren't competing for the next several years anyway. Roll with Olave and Nico Collins and see what happens. The couple times I saw Collins play last year, I thought he looked good. Big and smooth.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If they did draft Olave, I would think they would move Cooks. He would bring a decent pick and they aren't competing for the next several years anyway. Roll with Olave and Nico Collins and see what happens. The couple times I saw Collins play last year, I thought he looked good. Big and smooth.
They just extended Cook, so he will be way too pricey to move

efactor

Coming at you
They just extended Cook, so he will be way too pricey to move
Didn't look at the contract. Seems like it would be easier since 19 million isn't that much for a top WR these days (hard to digest) to the acquiring team. But the dead money might be too much.