2022 NFL Draft discussions

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The Ravens drafted two players the 49ers were interested in (Hamilton and Linderbaum). They also traded away Hollywood Brown. Deebo trade coming today? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably not but interesting the Ravens would trade their best WR when they aren't exactly strong at the position. Plus Deebo would be a great weapon for a QB not known for his accuracy downfield
I don't think they want Deebo, they want to get back to the rough and tumble run game, and that requires Wrs that love to block. I don't think Deebo would want to do that. Cost also may be an issue.

efactor

Coming at you
I don't think they want Deebo, they want to get back to the rough and tumble run game, and that requires Wrs that love to block. I don't think Deebo would want to do that. Cost also may be an issue.
Well, Deebo is about as tough as they come and blocks very enthusiastically. He would be perfect there.

Probably won’t happen but an interesting chain of events.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Ravens don't want to pay for a WR. I don't see them giving up one of those players and paying Samuel 25 million a year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
GB trades up in 2nd rd to take Wr Christian Watson
Jets trade up to take Breece Hall
Seattle takes Rb Kenneth Walker III

efactor

Coming at you
49ers surprise by taking an RB in the 3rd again, Tyrian Davis-Price. Wasn't thrilled with the pick since I thought OL was the a more immediate need, but the more I get away from the fan draft nonsense responses and look at the player, it makes sense. They needed a physical type runner and he brings that along with good burst. The fact that they lacked that last year is a huge part of why Deebo ran the ball as much as he did.

Wouldn't expect much FF value unless Mitchell gets hurt, but good from a team standpoint.

Staying on the 49ers, the Danny Gray (WR, SMU) pick was interesting. Ton of speed which is another thing the offense needed and gives Lance a true deep threat.

Absolutely loved the Drake Jackson pick. They needed another edge to pair with Bosa and the kid has a ton of ability. USC moved him from D-Line to LB last year and he dropped a bunch of weight to play out of position. Was projected by some to be a top 15 pick going into the season. 49ers have a great D-line coach in Chris Kocurek, so excited about the possibilities.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Final post draft fall out:
Congrats to the NFL this year, the Qb class was not good, and they realized it and didn't push picks that were not deserving. I am not saying Pittsburgh made a mistake, we will learn that soon enough, but Willis, Ridder and others were NOT and never deserved to be 1st or even 2nd round draft picks.

The trades were insane, and you could see how this draft was deep in Wr and DL and OL and those were the players that really moved.