2022 NFL Draft discussions

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I watched Pat McAfee's draft show along with about a 120000 other people and everyone they interviewed kept saying that they were way ahead of the national broadcasts.

I can't watch it on ESPN anymore they are way too slow and boring

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Thought Jets knocked it out of the park, great job. Giants did what they had to, which is a solid start. I love the Eagles getting A.J. Brown, but I would have much prefered getting Jermaine Johnson or trading back and getting Karlaftis. Oh well.

Tampa Bay kicks us off in rd 2 so lets see what surprises are coming.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Head scratchers to me.....
Jacksonville - I get loving the metrics on Travon Walker, but Hutchinson is just so obvious, I do however like the hop back at the tail end to take Devin Lloyd. The defense should be better.
Patriots - getting some Strange? Wow.
Packers - Aaron Rodgers isn't going to be happy. He won't say it, yet, but he isn't I bet. Per him, he said he wasn't surprised since the 6 Wrs that they had with 1sr round grades were gone. But I do believe they could have moved up if they wanted. I love Quay Walker also, but not as much as Lloyd.
Atlanta - needed the Wr, and took Drake London as 1st Wr off the board, he better not be like a lot of the later USC wrs, or someone is losing a job.
Eagles - I just don't like the DT, I get they need to stop the run, but this guy seems to take plays off. I would have loved to have see a trade back instead of up, and taking DE like Jermaine Johnson or Karlaftis.
Dallas - reached at OL, I hope beyond hope that bites them :D

Phicinfan

Administrator
Minnesota said at least one team was trying to trade into spot #32 - but they decided to pick instead.
Curious if Tampa Bay might trade down again or not...

Phicinfan

Administrator
after reading all the Aaron Rodgers stuff, I am starting to wonder if Aaron got played by Adams. Wonder if Adams just got fed up with Aaron's saga.

Also, Detroit did pretty well last night as well, getting the Jags miss with Hutchinson and trading up to get Williams was pretty good.

efactor

Coming at you
Also, Detroit did pretty well last night as well, getting the Jags miss with Hutchinson and trading up to get Williams was pretty good.
Agree

However, red flag on Williams draft outfit. Didn't look like the most masculine guy in the world. Probably nothing, but reminded me of when the 49ers drafted Pettis. Probably nothing, but just an observation.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Full list of trade from first round last night:
Buccaneers sends pick #27 to Jaguars for #35, #106 and #180
Titans send picks #26 and #101 to Jets for picks #35, #69 and #163
Ravens send pick #23 to Bills for #25 and #130
Patriots send pick #25 to Chiefs for picks #29, #94 and #121
Eagles send picks #18 and #101 to Titans for Wr A.J. Brown
Cardinals send pick #23 and #100 to Ravens for Wr Marquise Brown
Texans send #13 to Eagles for #15, #124, #162 and #166
Vikings send pick #12 to Lions for #32, #34 and #66
Commanders send pick #11 to Saints for #16 and #98 and #120

efactor

Coming at you
The Ravens drafted two players the 49ers were interested in (Hamilton and Linderbaum). They also traded away Hollywood Brown. Deebo trade coming today? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably not but interesting the Ravens would trade their best WR when they aren't exactly strong at the position. Plus Deebo would be a great weapon for a QB not known for his accuracy downfield