2022 NFL coaching hot seat discussion

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So what's the recap on potential spots that Sean Peyton would want?
He received permission to talk to 4 teams. Denver, Houston, Carolina and one other I believe. Don’t forget you have to trade with New Orleans to get him

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL.com reporting that Tampa Bay has fired OC Byron Leftwich - adios Tom Brady....
LAC - Chargers requested interview with Minnesota OC, he has since stated he is staying in Minnesota and not taking interviews

Phicinfan

Administrator
DET - as reported Ben Johnson OC of Lions has been interviewing for HC roles, has since pulled his name - and he just got a new contract and big raise by Lions

Remote Controller

NFL.com reporting that Tampa Bay has fired OC Byron Leftwich - adios Tom Brady....
LAC - Chargers requested interview with Minnesota OC, he has since stated he is staying in Minnesota and not taking interviews
My understanding is the the removal of Leftwich was a pitch at keeping Brady. Brady loathes the lack of detail in the Bucs prep.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tampa has also fired Wr and RB coaches as well and QB coach has decided to retire. So it is a whole clean sweep of the offensive staff

Phicinfan

Administrator
Baltimore is walking away from OC Greg Roman - is Lamar next???

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay another 4th quarter time mis-managed by McCarthy for Dallas, can we PLEASE fire him now?!?!?!

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dan Quinn DC of Dallas has pulled his name from any job opening and is remaining in Dallas, and reports out from "sources" that McCarthy is safe in Dallas as well.

hikeNbike

Dan Quinn DC of Dallas has pulled his name from any job opening and is remaining in Dallas, and reports out from "sources" that McCarthy is safe in Dallas as well.

Glad Dan Quinn is staying but not sure about McCarthy. I don't think he is a terrible coach as some do just not sure he is equipped to get Dallas to the next step. I do think Jerry is getting a bit of a pass as everyone points blame at Dak and McCarthy as well as Kellen Moore. All deserving of criticism. But once Pollard went down Lamb was the only difference maker on the offense. San Francisco had difference makers all over the offense. McCaffrey, Deebo, Little, Aiyuk. unfortunate injury to Pollard for sure and that affected the offense considerably but Dallas needs another difference maker on offense. I get that Amari Cooper had a down year in 2021 but he would have helped immensely in that game. Dallas needs with Hopkins (ideally but maybe too expensive) or a good wr in the draft. Gallup is a number 3. Noah Brown is a professional and deserves a roster spot but not a difference maker.

efactor

Coming at you
Glad Dan Quinn is staying but not sure about McCarthy. I don't think he is a terrible coach as some do just not sure he is equipped to get Dallas to the next step. I do think Jerry is getting a bit of a pass as everyone points blame at Dak and McCarthy as well as Kellen Moore. All deserving of criticism. But once Pollard went down Lamb was the only difference maker on the offense. San Francisco had difference makers all over the offense. McCaffrey, Deebo, Little, Aiyuk. unfortunate injury to Pollard for sure and that affected the offense considerably but Dallas needs another difference maker on offense. I get that Amari Cooper had a down year in 2021 but he would have helped immensely in that game. Dallas needs with Hopkins (ideally but maybe too expensive) or a good wr in the draft. Gallup is a number 3. Noah Brown is a professional and deserves a roster spot but not a difference maker.
Pretty spot on.

When Pollard went out, I think Shanahan was betting Dallas couldn't do much offensively and he went pretty conservative on offense to avoid mistakes.

I didn't get why Dallas wanted to move Cooper. They could have made the money work and Gallup was coming off a late season ACL, so they should have anticipated a down season there. Jerry and his son made a tactical mistake there as well as giving in to Daks contract demands.