2021 Phicinfan's NFL Mock Draft #3! 9 days from NFL draft

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, lets see where we go from here. I am basing this one on what I have seen from multiple insiders and multiple mock drafts. Where there has been a lot of variation and difference of opinion, I used my personal point of view :D

Here we go:
Here is the draft order:
#1 - Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson
#2 - NY Jets - Zach Wilson Qb BYU
#3 - San Francisco - trade from Houston - Trade from Miami - Mac Jones Qb Alabama - I keep hearing this is the pick. I will add, the local news has said its Jones or Lance ONLY, and Justin Fields is NOT the choice.
#4 - Atlanta - Kyle Pitts TE Florida - I feel this is the next trade slot, and I have seen a few reports its Denver moving in. But I think cost is too high and Pitts goes.
#5 - Cincinnati - Penei Sewell OT Oregon
#6 - Miami - Ja'Marr Chase Wr LSU
#7 - Detroit - Jaylen Waddle Wr Alabama - Waddle over Smith due to size and durability concerns
#8 - Carolina - This is really, really tough. Qb is an option, OT is an option, DE is an option, as is LB(they have really missed Kuechley) - Micah Parson ILB Penn State
#9 - Denver - Justin Fields Qb Ohio State - Why Fields - he is ready to play, Lance is not. I think he will compete right away with Drew Lock.
#10 - Dallas - Patrick Surtain II Cb Alabama
#11 - N.Y. Giants - Devonta Smith Wr Alabama - finally get OBJ replacement, much needed tool for Daniel Jones
#12 - New England - Trade from Philadelphia, trade from Miami, trade from San Francisco - Trey Lance Qb North Dakota State - Cam will start, Trey will take over, but the offense will be very similar with Trey's mobility.
#13 - LA Chargers - Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern
#14 - Minnesota - Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
#15 - Philadelphia - Trade from New England - Jaycee Horn Cb South Carolina - Wr is a need, so is corner, and Wr talent is gone here at this high a pick. Trade down again a real option.
#16 - Arizona - Caleb Farley Cb Virginia Tech
#17 - LA Raiders - Jaelan Phillips DE Miami
#18 - Miami - OL Alijah Vera-Tucker USC
#19 - Washington - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Lb Notre Dame
#20 - Chicago - Kadarius Toney Wr Florida
#21 - Indianapolis - Kwity Paye DL Michigan
#22 - Tennessee - Elijah Moore Wr Ole Miss
#23 - N.Y. Jets - trade from Seattle - Travis Etienne Rb Clemson - Gives new Qb a blanket for protection and take pressure off
#24 - Pittsburgh - Najee Harris Rb Alabama - this is just way too good a fit for what Pittsburgh wants to do
#25 - Jacksonville - trade from Los Angeles Rams - S Trevon Moehrig TCU
#26 - Cleveland - Jamin Davis ILB Kentucky
#27 - Baltimore - Terrance Marshall Jr Wr LSU
#28 - New Orleans - Rashad Batemen Wr Minnesota
#29 - Green Bay - Tevin Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
#30 - Buffalo - Zaven Collins OLB Tulsa
#31 - Kansas City - Jaylen Mayfield OT Michigan
#32 - Tampa Bay - Nick Bolton ILB Missouri

efactor

Coming at you
Nobody local is saying Justin Fields is out as the pick. It's Michael Lombardi and he has zero insight to the pick.

Unless the Jets grab him first, the pick is Fields

Phicinfan

Administrator
Nobody local is saying Justin Fields is out as the pick. It's Michael Lombardi and he has zero insight to the pick.

Unless the Jets grab him first, the pick is Fields
I have read 3 reports , and at least two of them have stated team sources(of course they are no names...).

efactor

Coming at you
I have read 3 reports , and at least two of them have stated team sources(of course they are no names...).
49ers are so good at not having internal leaks, which was a big problem under Balkke. I just laugh when "team sources" are quoted without names.
I know you're just passing along what you read, but Fields is the pick if the Jets don't take him ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
49ers are so good at not having internal leaks, which was a big problem under Balkke. I just laugh when "team sources" are quoted without names.
I know you're just passing along what you read, but Fields is the pick if the Jets don't take him ;)
Don't get me wrong, Fields SHOULD be the pick. But for whatever reason, this season seems to treat Fields like the league treated Watson when he was drafted.

efactor

Coming at you
If Chase ends up in Miami with Tua, how does that impact his dynasty value? Just not a huge fan of Tua being the kind of QB to help Chase thrive.

Phicinfan

Administrator
If Chase ends up in Miami with Tua, how does that impact his dynasty value? Just not a huge fan of Tua being the kind of QB to help Chase thrive.
I think that will depend on what they get at Rb. I am betting they would love to run more hurting his value. But once Fuller gets his yearly injury, he might tick up some. For the record, I don’t think Chase in. Cincy will be all that either