2021 NFL News, Rumors, In/Out Draft day and post NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has received a contract extension offer from the Packers, but Rodgers is unhappy with situation with the team, according to sources.
Actually the report I read was he got offers to restructure, but NOT extension. NOW they are willing to talk extension, but he is ticked off

Phicinfan

Administrator
NO - exercise 5th year option on Marcus Davenport
CAR - exercise 5th year option on D.J. Moore Wr
PIT - Steelers working on one year extension for Mason Rudolph

More info on Rodgers - He is really ticked, he knew about the trade offer and really wanted GB to take the deal. Offer included #3 pick and other picks and players.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It will be Fields ;)
Okay I have to ask you a question. You were adamant that Jimmy G was going to be the starting Qb this year in San Fran. However.....
SF was heavily in the Matt Stafford talks
SF DID trade up to #3 to take a Qb
SF DESPERATELY tried to get Aaron Rodgers to play Qb.

So is there any question that Jimmy is a goner soon? Cause if I were Jimmy, my bags are already packed. This is pathetic.

Remote Controller

I hope the niners get him tonight. (Rodgers) I have been lucky to cheer for a team with the QB stability that Green Bay has experienced, but I have never really bought into his act. He has little to no family contact, and I feel is a real butthead. Give me the #3 and Garropolo, and I would parlay that into more picks in which Green Bay already had 10 going into tonight. Highest bidder for pick 3 then stock up behind Love.

efactor

Coming at you
I hope the niners get him tonight. (Rodgers) I have been lucky to cheer for a team with the QB stability that Green Bay has experienced, but I have never really bought into his act. He has little to no family contact, and I feel is a real butthead. Give me the #3 and Garropolo, and I would parlay that into more picks in which Green Bay already had 10 going into tonight. Highest bidder for pick 3 then stock up behind Love.
As much as I would love to see Rodgers in SF, that's a lot to give up for a 37 year old guy with a huge contract.

Phicinfan

Administrator
PIT- completed a one year extension with Mason Rudolph
TB - Leonard Fournette moving to #7
KC - Byron Pringle has signed his Tender
LVR - K Daniel Carlson has re-signed with the Raiders
LAC - have exercised 5th year option on Derwin James S

Phicinfan

Administrator
As much as I would love to see Rodgers in SF, that's a lot to give up for a 37 year old guy with a huge contract.
yeah, you have to know going in he will want a whole new deal - and it be a whopper

Phicinfan

Administrator
I can't tell you how badly I want to see GB deal Aaron Rodgers to SF, get the #3 pick and then take a Qb, and watch Love go off then, as well as the fans in GB :D

OR

Take Pitts and screw up everyone's draft

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per Rappaport - GB has realized and now may be open to trading Aaron Rodgers..... Oh this could be a fun, fun night

Phicinfan

Administrator
Post round 1 news
CAR - picked up 5th year option on Sam Darnold
GB - GM and President say not trade coming for Rodgers, but lets see what happens post June 2nd, where they can spread out the cap hit

Phicinfan

Administrator
DEN - Qb will be competition between Lock and Bridgewater - and regardless they will push for Aaron Rodgers next year ;)
GB - Team is adamant they won't trade Rodgers and hugely praising him, however more and more reports are Rodgers is done with GB. - Shades of Favre??

Status
Not open for further replies.