2021 NFL Draft

cctekguy

Staff member
I read 2021 mock draft today. Lots confused me.

They show the Jets taking QB at 2nd overall. Jets don't need a QB....not AT 2nd. Darnell hasn't been given any kind of a fair shake. Pick up a QB later and pick towards your needs. (RB, WR, etc.)

They had Etienne going 26th to Tampa Bay.

Seen other mocks and they are vastly different.

Thoughts of your own?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
the little I have read says there are two schools of thought.
1) Darnold isn't the franchise QB and if you draft #2 you need to get your franchise Qb
2) Darnold has had no support, no tools and bad coaching, get that fixed and draft with the picks they have and fix the team.

For the record, I am not a Fields fan as the #2 Qb in this draft. Trask from FLA seems the real deal, but may be a "one hit wonder?" Kid outta BYU looks really promising. All that said, if "I" was GM for Jets....

First what value can you get for Darnold? - if you can get a 2nd round pick or above in this draft - you might take it
In parallel, what value can you get for the #2 pick? - There are some teams with major Qb issues, and who like Fields(Ohio State), Wilson(BYU), Lance(North Dakota State), Jones(Alabama) and last but not least Track out of Florida. - my guess is someone will deal up.

Add to that the Jets have 4 picks in first two rounds this year, so they have picks to fix somethings. Rb and OL are key, but defense also needs to be rebuilt.

So, my gut says, sticking with Darnold, getting picks for the #2 spot and then rebuilding would be a better move to me.

cctekguy

Staff member
Long before the draft, NE needs to put Haskins on their roster.

He could already be considered the best QB on the team. After Beli fixes him.

cctekguy

Staff member
As for Jets, Etienne or or that freak WR from Alabama would add play makers to very weak positions. Insurance at QB can be had in the 3rd or later.

Maybe that Oregon OT Penei Sewell.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Long before the draft, NE needs to put Haskins on their roster.

He could already be considered the best QB on the team. After Beli fixes him.
Carolina sniffing Haskins right now

Besides Bellichick will pick up Garp when San Fran let’s him go

Remote Controller

the little I have read says there are two schools of thought.
1) Darnold isn't the franchise QB and if you draft #2 you need to get your franchise Qb
2) Darnold has had no support, no tools and bad coaching, get that fixed and draft with the picks they have and fix the team.

For the record, I am not a Fields fan as the #2 Qb in this draft. Trask from FLA seems the real deal, but may be a "one hit wonder?" Kid outta BYU looks really promising. All that said, if "I" was GM for Jets....

First what value can you get for Darnold? - if you can get a 2nd round pick or above in this draft - you might take it
In parallel, what value can you get for the #2 pick? - There are some teams with major Qb issues, and who like Fields(Ohio State), Wilson(BYU), Lance(North Dakota State), Jones(Alabama) and last but not least Track out of Florida. - my guess is someone will deal up.

Add to that the Jets have 4 picks in first two rounds this year, so they have picks to fix somethings. Rb and OL are key, but defense also needs to be rebuilt.

So, my gut says, sticking with Darnold, getting picks for the #2 spot and then rebuilding would be a better move to me.
Trask's draft capital took a big hit last night.