KC - Daniel Sorrenson is re-signing with Chiefs
NE - Cb Stephon Gilmore is open to re-signing with the patriots - looking for an extension
KC - also signs DT Jarran Reed - one year deal
CIN - re-sign Lb Jordan Evans to a one year deal
NFLPA - pushing for a virtual off-season and camp
SF - sign FA Lb Nate Gerry(formerly eagle) one year deal
MIN- sign S Xavier Woods(formerly cowboy) one year deal
SF - signs Wr Mohamed Sanu to a one year deal
BAL - signs Wr Sammy Watkins to a one year deal - once he passes a physical
LAC - signs FA Qb Chase Daniel to back up Herbert - one year deal
MIN- re-signing Cb Mackensie Alexander(former Bengal) - no terms announced
NO - Cb Marshon Lattimore is charged with a 4th degree felony
LAR - Lb Travin Howard signed his tender
LVR - signing Wr Willie Snead to a one year deal
CLE - Browns have re-signed Cb Brian Allen
NYG - sign DT Danny Shelton(formerly lion)
PIT - Steelers signing OG Rashaad Coward(formerly Bear)
NFL owners - voting today to approve 17 game regular season schedule with 3 pre-season games - this has been negotiated with the NFLPA in last year's deal made - so players have no say here.
ARI - signed S Shawn Williams(formerly Bengal) - one year deal
PHI - Greg Ward Wr signed his ERFA Tag - will be back for one more year
KC - signing Wr Tajae Sharpe to a one year deal
ARI - re-signing S Chris Banjo
ATL - signing OL Josh Andrews(formerly Jet) - one year deal
LAC - Chargers signing FA Cb Ryan Smith(formerly buccaneer) for one year $1.75 million
CAR - Panthers sign 2020 undrafted and unsigned Wr Micah Simon- he was one of the Wrs that 2021 Draft prospect Zach Wilson used
PIT - Steelers have signed Kalen Ballage Rb to a one year deal
Alabama - Wrs DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle will not work out today at the bama 2nd pro workout
GB - Packers re-signing DL Tyler Lancaster
NFL owners have approved the 17 game season, and will move to only 3 preseason games, except the two teams playing in the Hall of Fame game - then they will have 4.
This will include more international games, and will require each NFL team to forfeit one home game every 8 years for an international game
CIN - re-signing DT Mike Daniels - one year $2.5 million deal
ARI - sign Qb Colt McCoy(formerly Giant)
HOU - GM for Texans now says he will do what is right for team as far as Watson goes - looks like trade will be made once we get legal clarity
NO - S Marcus Williams officially signed his Tender
MIN - Vikings re-signing OL Dakota Dozier to a one year deal
KC - signed FA C Austin Blythe(formerly Ram) to a one year deal
NFL - expecting to have full stadiums this year
Justin Fields participated in the Ohio State pro day - put up 4.44 40 time and had a great passing session, will hold a 2nd day sometime prior to the draft
BUF - signing FA OL Bobby Hart(formerly Bengal) to a one year deal
LVR - have extended OT Kolten Miller to a 3 year deal
TB - HC Arians stated he expected O.J. Howard to be ready coming back from his torn Achilles by start of work outs
NFL - With move to 17 week schedule, and move to 3 pre-season games - there will be 2 weeks between end of pre-season and start of season
DET - Lions trying to host the 2024 NFL draft
MIN - DL Danielle Hunter missed most of last year due to neck injury, still rehabbing, but now is not happy with his contract
ARI - Lb Jordan Hicks accepted a pay cut to stay with the Cardinals
N.E. - Owner Robert Kraft has been busy, admitted the Patriots have failed in recent drafts, and admits they need to address the Qb position.
KC - officially signed Rb Elijah McGuire(formerly Jets)
IND - Colts re-sign DE Al-Quadin Muhammad to a one year $3.4 million deal
ARI - gained some cap help by restructuring new OL Rodney Hudson's deal
BUF - Bills signed Lbs Marquel Lee(no team last year due to injury, formerly Raider) and Tyrell Adams
NYG - Giants Owner and GM have said they are in no rush to sign Saquon Barkley to any extension. Want to see he is fully healthy
WFT/NFL - League Owners have approved the debt waiver to allow Daniel Snyder to buyout his minority owners and take full possession of the team
ATL - Signed DL Steven Means and Jonathan Bullard to one year deals
PHI - Boston Scott signed his Tender
MIA - re-signing DT John Jenkins to a one year deal
IND - signing S Sean Davis(formerly Steeler) to a one year deal
TB - will pick up 5 th year option year of Vita Vea
TB - per reports the Buc's and Antonio Brown are no where near a contract
NFL 2021 Playing rules, Bylaw and Resolution Proposals: 2021 Playing Rule Proposals Summary
1. By Competition Committee; to amend Rule 16, to eliminate overtime in the preseason.
2. By Competition Committee; to amend Rule 6, Section 1, Article 3, for one year only, to establish a maximum number of players in the setup zone.
3. By Competition Committee; to amend Rule 12, Section 2, Article 4, to expand the prohibition on blocking below the waist by offensive and defensive players on scrimmage downs when contact occurs beyond five yards on either side of the line of scrimmage and more than two yards outside of either offensive tackle, by Competition Committee.
4. By Competition Committee, Coaches Subcommittee, and Baltimore; to amend Rule 15, Section 3, Article 9, and Rule 19, Section 2, to permit the Replay Official and designated members of the Officiating department to provide certain objective information to the on-field officials.
5. By Chicago; to amend Rule 11, Section 3, Article 3, to ensure the enforcement of all accepted penalties committed by either team during successive Try attempts.
6. By Los Angeles Rams; to amend Rule 8, Section 1, Article 2, to add a loss of down for a second forward pass from behind the line and for a pass thrown after the ball returns behind the line.
8. By Baltimore and Philadelphia; to amend Rule 16, Section 1, to change the options for winner of an overtime coin toss, and create a true sudden death format.
9. By Baltimore; to amend Rule 16, Section 1, to change the options for winner of an overtime coin toss, eliminate sudden death format, and eliminate overtime in the preseason.
10. By Philadelphia; to amend Rule 6, Section 1, Article 1, to permit a team to maintain possession of the ball after a score by substituting one offensive play (4th and 15 from the kicking team’s 25-yard line) for an onside kickoff attempt.
11. By Baltimore; to amend Rule 19, Section 1, Article 1, to add an eighth official who is positioned somewhere other than the playing field, with full communication to on-field officials and access to a television monitor.
2021 Bylaw Proposals Summary
1. By Competition Committee; to amend Article XVIII, Section 18.1 of the Constitution and Bylaws to prohibit clubs participating in the playoffs from signing players waived and terminated by clubs whose seasons have concluded.
2. By Competition Committee; to amend Article XII, Section 12.4 of the Constitution and Bylaws to require clubs to submit tryouts and visits to the League office throughout the entire year; however, such transactions will only be reported to clubs from the start of training camp through the conclusion of the Super Bowl, unless it is with a Restricted or Unrestricted Free Agent.
2021 Resolutions Proposals Summary
G-1. By Buffalo; to amend the Anti-Tampering Policy, for one year only, to require all clubs and personnel interviewing for available Head Coach and Coordinator positions to operate under the same time frame for the hiring process.