2021/2022 NFL Superbowl news, in/out and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Seeing some Qb rumor stuff....
Per quite a few sites Denver is in on any Qb that may be traded....
Philadelphia is supposedly in talks with Seattle for Russell Wilson - Please God no.
Pittsburgh also in talks or trying to get into talks to get Wilson.
Expectations are Rodgers stays put, Cousins stays put, Garoppolo gets dealt, Murray may be gettable, but the price will be high

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL end of year awards:
Walter Payton Man of the Year - Andrew Whitworth
MVP - Aaron Rodgers
Offensive player of the year - Cooper Kupp
Coach of the year - Mike Vrabel
Defensive Rookie of the year - Micah Parsons
Offensive Rookie of the year - Ja'Marr Chase
Come back player of the year - Joe Burrow
Defensive player of the year - T.J. Watt
Asst. Coach of the year - Dan Quinn

Class of 2022 Hall of Fame:
Tony Boselli
Sam Mills
Richard Seymour
LeRoy Butler
Bryant Young
Cliff Branch
Art McNally(official)
Dick Vermeil
No first time ballot winners

NFL is now accusing Washington Commanders of impeding the congressional probe - Can you say the Commanders will be sold soon?
MIA - hiring Wes Welker as WR coach
MIN - finally official - Vikings hiring Ed Donatell as DC - its funny you have DC hired before you fully sign HC.... Gotta love the NFL.

Phicinfan

Administrator
MIA - Confirmed Welker as WR coach and team is retaining DC Josh Boyer

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
former NFL running back Adrian Peterson was arrested for domestic violence on Sunday. He and his wife Ashley Brown were on a plane, heading back to Houston from Los Angeles. After a verbal altercation, Peterson was removed from the plane and was arrested and booked for felony domestic violence at LAX.

From all known info that I can find, they had a verbal argument and he got arrested. No physical harm. Maybe it was blown to this because it happened on a plane.

Update: LAX airport police say it was "physical and verbal". Woman and accomplice were allowed back on the plane. Peterson was arrested and given a 50k bond and he paid bail and was released.

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
The PI penalty on 3rd down last night is what is making me watch less football every year. Minimal contact and game was not called tight at all previous. Then Rams get bailed out on a ticky tac call. New set of downs! Goodell might as well have been wearing a Rams cheerleader uniform and carrying pom poms.

Disgusting

Walter34

True on that call but they missed the face mask on the Bengals TD to start the 2nd half. As I recall, these were the two bad calls in the game with one going each way.

efactor

Coming at you
True on that call but they missed the face mask on the Bengals TD to start the 2nd half. As I recall, these were the two bad calls in the game with one going each way.
Not really.

Ramsey had a blatant hold on Higgins that should have given the Bengals a first and goal at the 1 but they had to kick a FG. Much more of a hold than the one that gave the Rams a first down. Plus the timing is always suspicious to me. Hardly any penalties all game and then a ticky tac call like that at the end of the game. Roger got his Hollywood ending I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.