2021/2022 NFL Superbowl news, in/out and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
In what has to be one of the most fun playoff seasons to watch, you have the Cincinnati Bengals facing the Los Angeles Rams in the Superbowl. 2nd year in a row where one of the teams is a home team at the Superbowl site.

CIN - Uzomah the TE has a knee injury that kept him out the rest of the game, still waiting to hear the severity.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jaguars - still interviewing for HC - have requested to talk to Rams OC, and also have requested to interview Rich Bisaccia(interim Raiders HC)

Remote Controller

This was most likely the least desired Super Bowl matchup from a money and advertising stand point. It's gonna be a great game but I'm sure there are some network guys bumming.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Saints - have interviewed Doug Pederson, is set to interview this week - Brian Flores, Aaron Glenn and Dennis Allen(current DC)
Colts - interviewing Gus Bradley, Kris Richard and Joe Whitt for a new DC

hikeNbike

I guess least desirable because neither team really has a national following? Los Angeles is a pretty big market.

hikeNbike

Playoffs have been outstanding. I was
glad Cincy won against the Chiefs especially after the coin toss went KCs way. Didn't want to see the coin toss overshadow the game and I think it would have if KC wins two straight OT games with the coin toss going their way.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Brian Flores getting second interview with Houston Monday
Per Ravens head coach - Lamar Jackson had a bone bruise in his ankle that never really fully healed which hindered him at end of season
Rams and Bengals TEs may be able to play as both seemed to have dodged major knee injuries
Panthers hire James Campen former Houston OL Coach to be their new OL coach

efactor

Coming at you
Happy for the Bengals. Hope they finish the job

Niners not able to overcome the big QB disadvantage this time. Good season though. Hard to be too disappointed and if Lance ends up being the real deal, future is bright.

Have to ask though, WTF was up with Burrow during his presser after the game? Ugly/gaudy friggin necklace and then the comment about him making too much money for the diamonds to be fake. Hopefully, that was a sense of humor thing and there was an inside joke somewhere.

Last edited:

hikeNbike

I feel like Brian Flores got a raw deal in Miami. That team played hard didn't have much talent but still won their share of games and Tua was improving. I feel like he deserves better than being named the next head coach of the Texans.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I feel like Brian Flores got a raw deal in Miami. That team played hard didn't have much talent but still won their share of games and Tua was improving. I feel like he deserves better than being named the next head coach of the Texans.
Well he isn't yet, but that being said by a lot of reports he had friction with ownership and the GM. So that is what caused it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tom Brady is being Tom Brady - he is waffling on his podcast that he is still deciding. I will add reports from quite a few say he will retire... so he is just being Drama Queen Tom again.
Doug Pederson getting 2nd interview with Jacksonville
Saints also interviewing their ST coach Darren Rizzi
Jimmy Garoppolo will undergo thumb surgery
Bills talking to 2 WR coaches for their open OC job - Tee Martin of Baltimore and Edger Bennett of Las Vegas

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tom Brady is being Tom Brady - he is waffling on his podcast that he is still deciding. I will add reports from quite a few say he will retire... so he is just being Drama Queen Tom again.
Made if official, he is retired

hikeNbike

I think he took exception to someone breaking the story before he was ready for it to get out. If he was truly going through the process it would have taken him a few weeks I believe. Personally think he should have gone to the 49ers for one year, and win another title next year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Denver - the franchise has officially announced they are up for sale

Phicinfan

Administrator
Buffalo - has confirmed they are promoting Qb coach Ken Dorsey to OC

Remote Controller

Happy for the Bengals. Hope they finish the job

Niners not able to overcome the big QB disadvantage this time. Good season though. Hard to be too disappointed and if Lance ends up being the real deal, future is bright.

Have to ask though, WTF was up with Burrow during his presser after the game? Ugly/gaudy friggin necklace and then the comment about him making to much money for the diamonds to be fake. Hopefully, that was a sense of humor thing and there was an inside joke somewhere.
He looks like Kevin from "Home Alone".

Status
Not open for further replies.