2021/2022 coaching hot seats

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Brian Flores, Texans finalist, to interview with the Saints today.

Which one you want Brian, my crappy Texans or a cash strapped Saints?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Raiders - per reports Dave Ziegler formerly with New England has agreed to be new GM, and reports say they are negotiating now with Josh McDaniels to be the new HC
So fall out from this - it is official, Dave Ziegler is GM and Josh McDaniels is new HC. Plan for now is to keep Carr, so not Qb move here(yet....). But Ziegler won't commit to an extension for Carr yet. Who is on the last year of his current deal

Phicinfan

Administrator
Minnesota - having 2nd interviews with - Patrick Graham(DC for NYG), Jim Harbaugh(UM HC), Kevin O'Connell(Rams OC), Raheem Morris(Rams DC)
means this will have to wait post Superbowl if they really want Morris or O'Connell
SF - DC DeMeco Ryans has removed his name from contention with Vikings
NYG - OL Coach Bobby Johnson of the Bills is going to the Giants as their new OL coach

efactor

Coming at you
Brian Flores suing the NFL AND the NY Giants for racism in hiring because they didn't go with an African American as a coach.

So, I guess this is the new normal in professional sports now. Teams can't make their own decisions on who they view as the best person to lead their team anymore? Sorry, but hope this gets thrown out as frivolous. It won't of course, but if I own the team, I am hiring whoever the F I think is the best choice.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Brian Flores suing the NFL AND the NY Giants for racism in hiring because they didn't go with an African American as a coach.

So, I guess this is the new normal in professional sports now. Teams can't make their own decisions on who they view as the best person to lead their team anymore? Sorry, but hope this gets thrown out as frivolous. It won't of course, but if I own the team, I am hiring whoever the F I think is the best choice.
Screenshot_20220201-151950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Add a few here. The text thing is interesting

MongerKhan

Staff member
This is going to get nasty. There are other charges, not just the texts. Including a statement where owner would pay for losses and being pissed they were winning and dropping their puck value
I was listening to a local sports show and I pretty much agree With what they said. If this is just some text messages saying hes a shitty coach or whatever blah blah then the suit's gonna get dismissed.. I highly doubt that there's gonna be anything that actually says don't hire him because hes not white.

I don't know I need to see actual proif the actual proof that there are things that say pay to lose etc

efactor

Coming at you
I was listening to a local sports show and I pretty much agree With what they said. If this is just some text messages saying hes a shitty coach or whatever blah blah then the suit's gonna get dismissed.. I highly doubt that there's gonna be anything that actually says don't hire him because hes not white.

I don't know I need to see actual proif the actual proof that there are things that say pay to lose etc
Maybe I'm naïve, but these owners would sell their soul to win a super bowl. Hard to believe the best candidate would be denied the job based on race.

Phicinfan

Administrator

The texts are proving his interview was just to meet the rule, they had already decided on Daboll. Or that is what he is alleging.

Let’s face it, there is only one black HC right now. Some of the jobs didn’t really interview minority Coordinators that were expected to be hired.

efactor

Coming at you
The texts are proving his interview was just to meet the rule, they had already decided on Daboll. Or that is what he is alleging.
Well, that's the fault of the Rooney rule.

Truth as a defense I guess. League forces us to interview a minority candidate even if we have decided on our guy already, so we are just going to go through the motions. Hopefully, this isn't a revelation to anyone in the league hierarchy :rolleyes:

MongerKhan

Staff member
I'd like to see a list broken down by race of coaches in college or nfl that would meet a standard qualification of HC material.

I don't think its racism, its availability. Theres probably 10 white dudes to one ethnically diverse qualified person.

Regardless of what society thinks now, someone isnt the right choice just because they are the right color to fill a statistic.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I'd like to see a list broken down by race of coaches in college or nfl that would meet a standard qualification of HC material.

I don't think its racism, its availability. Theres probably 10 white dudes to one ethnically diverse qualified person.

Regardless of what society thinks now, someone isnt the right choice just because they are the right color to fill a statistic.
Actually this is the issue with the Rooney rule. If you don't have Coordinators that are minorities, than the pool to select from for HC and on gets very small. I believe the main issue is that their has been limited interviews. Like I stated I don't believe the usual candidates were interviewed this time. The OC from KC only interviewed with one or two of the teams. Now the DC's from NYG and DET both got multiple interviews and are still interviewing for Saints and Jacksonville. You have OC from Tampa that was to be hired in Jacksonville, but evidently no one wants to work with Balke. The fact remains though there aren't that many Coordinators to choose from. More you get in coaching and coordinating the better chance you have as HC. I believe there were at least one or two GM's hired that are minorities.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per reports coming out of U of M - Jim Harbaugh walked around saying thanks and goodbye as he has a 2nd interview with Minnesota today, and some expect him to be named HC soon.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I honestly think the biggest issue what Miami did, not the other teams. Miami could be facing some very tough sanctions, especially if he can prove he was being paid for losses. That is a HUGE issue. Miami also better have documentation for his firing, since he has led this team to winning records the last two years.

MongerKhan

Staff member
After interviewing with the Vikings today, Jim Harbaugh has called Michigan to say he will be staying at Michigan.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Now Vikings are narrowing in on and expecting to hire Rams OC Kevin O'Connell as HC but cant be finalized until after the SB

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL beginning investigation on Ross and Miami on paying for tanking. Reports at PFT state some witness with corroborating evidence has come forward. Ross of course is vehemently denying it.