hikeNbike

I still think Clemson deserved to be the 1 seed. I don't know if they are the best team. Playoff will tell, but they won last year and have not lost so it feels a little bit of a slap in the face to rank them 3rd. They have the same QB that tore alabama apart in the BCS Championship game last year and looked pretty impressive to me in the ACC championship game.

romanempire

I still think Clemson deserved to be the 1 seed. I don't know if they are the best team. Playoff will tell, but they won last year and have not lost so it feels a little bit of a slap in the face to rank them 3rd. They have the same QB that tore alabama apart in the BCS Championship game last year and looked pretty impressive to me in the ACC championship game.

Have you seen LSU’s resume?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Everybody is sleeping on Clemson and I think that's a mistake

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
It is a legitement point.
Let me say this, look at WHO Clemson has played or not played vs. who LSU and Ohio State have played. And you get why they are ranked where they are.

Not that they don't deserve #1 as they are still damn good.

But they were clear in the committee this year they were weighing heavier level of competition this year.

hikeNbike

I'm weighing last year and thia year and combining the two Clemson has been more impressive. I get that college football is a bit different year to year. But aim including Clemsons stomping of a seemingly unbeatable bama team last year in the equation. Partly because they have the same QB and a lot of players returning. Its hard to see why going undefeated this year on top of last years record isnt deserving of some #1 overall consideration. Plus would have liked to see ohio state play LSU so we could aee who was #2. Instead we will likely watch Clemson stomp both of them.

Bucknut

You may be right about Clemson, hard to tell because their schedule was so weak. Their best win, and really the only opponent that I would say is a difficult game for a top 4 team, was Texas A&M at home. They stomped everyone else, as they should, except a close 1 point win over NC.

hikeNbike

We will see apart from Oklahoma any of the other three can win. I'm really just trying to stir the pot. I think Clemson can and will win again, but I don't have a major issue with Clemson being ranked at 3. Actually think might be better for Clemson they are being overlooked. Focus and motivation for them, I'm betting Dabo has this up on thr bulletin board.

Bucknut

Did anyone watch the Rose Bowl? I think Wisconsin must've went to Vegas and bet a bunch of money against themselves. They pretty much dominated Oregon and did everything they could to lose.

romanempire

I'm weighing last year and thia year and combining the two Clemson has been more impressive. I get that college football is a bit different year to year. But aim including Clemsons stomping of a seemingly unbeatable bama team last year in the equation. Partly because they have the same QB and a lot of players returning. Its hard to see why going undefeated this year on top of last years record isnt deserving of some #1 overall consideration. Plus would have liked to see ohio state play LSU so we could aee who was #2. Instead we will likely watch Clemson stomp both of them.

FECE2145-4992-4EFB-A289-CFA908BF8F92.jpeg

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Congratulations to you rabid LSU Tiger fans! Was a great game to watch and LSU did what they had to, and were very convincing.

Welcome to Cincinnati Joe Burroughs, we have a big plate of Skyline waiting for you!

I will also apologize, as I felt you had a real shot at a very, very good NFL career til you got stuck here. Some day we may get a professional team in Cincy.