2018 Last Mock Draft - Phicinfan goes for broke :D

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
So the Browns are still keeping it a secret but NFL folks think that they're leaning heavily towards drafting Baker Mayfield.

Also, and I'm not sure if it's been covered yet, they have been apparently actively shopping that 4th overall pick

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So the Browns are still keeping it a secret but NFL folks think that they're leaning heavily towards drafting Baker Mayfield.

Also, and I'm not sure if it's been covered yet, they have been apparently actively shopping that 4th overall pick
Makes sense. Most feel there will be some kind of trade in the 4-7 range to get the next Qb before talent drops off.

Assuming Mayfield is #1(a stretch to me), then NY Giants won't pass on Darnold. You then have Rosen or Allen to Jets(probably Rosen) which means teams have to jump up before Miami at #11 to get Allen

Walter34

I don't think the Saints have the picks to get up that high - all for a QB they need in 2020. Also, as a legit contender now and with Brees for 2 years, they should be looking at a player to help them now. I am thinking TE

Phicinfan

Administrator
Green Bay is also supposedly working the phones to move up....I wonder though if it is for Linebacker more than Qb. Buffalo is also working to move up to get Qb supposedly. that isn't a huge surprise.

Denver, and Indy supposedly are open for business to move down

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't think the Saints have the picks to get up that high - all for a QB they need in 2020. Also, as a legit contender now and with Brees for 2 years, they should be looking at a player to help them now. I am thinking TE

You're right about the lack of ammo for the Saints unless they are thinking of moving a player with picks. Agreed on the TE. The entire world has them going TE. Funny though, they've did some outsode of the box moves of late and with them anything is possible. I think if they move from TE it will be for an edge rusher of defensive help anyway.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well the plot thickens....
Per multiple reports Cleveland wants Mayfield, no one knows what Giants are doing, and Jets will take Rosen if there, even over Darnold by multiple sources now.

Looks like Darnold and Allen may be dropping now.

KillerFins

Staff member
Most of these reports are smokescreens, I wouldn't put much stock in any of them.

Just a few more hours until we see which ones were accurate! :)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
So will you be watching the draft tonight? I'll see the first few picks but my bedtime comes early. Way to long to wait on the Saint's pick.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're right about the lack of ammo for the Saints unless they are thinking of moving a player with picks. Agreed on the TE. The entire world has them going TE. Funny though, they've did some outsode of the box moves of late and with them anything is possible. I think if they move from TE it will be for an edge rusher of defensive help anyway.

Cha-Ching!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From all reports he is a long ways from reaching his ceiling and was able to get by on athletic ability alone in college. Sean has plucked some gems in the past and I'm counting on this being one of them.

Thanks Walt. I'm optimistic myself.