2016 NFL Draft pick #5 - Jacksonville Jaguars

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So.....here we go.

Assuming the two Qbs go in 1 and 2. Assume Cb then De in #3 and #4.

I think there are two choices here for Jacksonville:

OT - where both top OTs are there
LB - Miles Jack is one of those special defensive players that can turn your team around.

I would lean Jack here, and look at O-line later.

efactor

Coming at you
Unfortunately, I think Jack is the obvious choice here. Was hoping he would fall to 7 for SF to pair him with Bowman. Hopefully, Jags will be scared off by his knee injury. Probably not though.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Unfortunately, I think Jack is the obvious choice here. Was hoping he would fall to 7 for SF to pair him with Bowman. Hopefully, Jags will be scared off by his knee injury. Probably not though.
I would think SF would nab an OT would they not? They are in need of youth on the O-line to help running game and protect the passer.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac

If they keep the pick, Jack won't make it past the Ravens at 6.

efactor

Coming at you
I would think SF would nab an OT would they not? They are in need of youth on the O-line to help running game and protect the passer.

I think they go D at 7 unless Tunsil falls, which he won't. Jack, Bosa or Buckner assuming both QBs, Ramsey and Tunsil are gone.

Heard a "rumor" that Mo Wilkerson and the Jets 20th pick for the 7th pick is a possibility. I think SF would jump on that. They have the cap room and Wilkerson is young and seems motivated

JScott

Administrator
JAX has Poz anchoring at MLB and IDP stud Telvin Smith at one OLB spot. Skuta was signed last year to a pretty big 5yr contract to man the other OLB spot. Jack might be the BPA at #5 but it's certainly not a position of need.

If teams come calling for Jack, they should ideally trade down a few and go O-line.

Phicinfan

Administrator
JAX has Poz anchoring at MLB and IDP stud Telvin Smith at one OLB spot. Skuta was signed last year to a pretty big 5yr contract to man the other OLB spot. Jack might be the BPA at #5 but it's certainly not a position of need.

If teams come calling for Jack, they should ideally trade down a few and go O-line.
good point ,but what I have heard is they WANT Jack, not folks guessing on it. Personally if I am Jax and I see Tunsil or the other OTs dropping I am dancing a jig. They have a young Qb, solid Run game, stud Wrs and decent TEs, fix the Oline so the Qb can throw and go with it. but the defense was awful last year, and Poz is getting really long in the tooth.

JScott

Administrator
Agree with you on what they should do. But Jack wouldn't be Poz' hier apparent anyways. But sometimes you just don't pass on a game changer. Skuta, though sided for four more years is certainly not irreplaceable.