2.15 - St Louis Rams - MNJHNSN - Marvin Austen, DL, North Carolina
2.16 - Oakland Raiders - Sgt John/FORUM - Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State
2.17 - Jacksonville Jaquars - Sgt John/FORUM - Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma
2.18 - San Diego Chargers - Sgt John/FORUM - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
2.19 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Runnik - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
2.20 - New York Giants - Sgt John/FORUM - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
2.21 - Indianapolis Colts - Fire - Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
2.22 - Philadelphia Eagles - Phicinfan - Raheem Moore, S, UCLA
2.23 - Kansas City Chiefs - Sgt John/FORUM - Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
2.24 - New Orleans Saints - bobbeaux - Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
2.25 - Seattle Seahawks - ADizzle - Drake Nevis DT LSU
2.26 - Baltimore Ravens - Beermutts - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
2.27 - Atlanta Falcons - Sgt John/FORUM - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
2.28 - New England Patriots - JScott - Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
2.29 - San Diego Chargers - Sgt John/FORUM - Sam Acho, LB, Texas
2.30 - Chicago Bears - Fire - Will Rackley, G, Lehigh
2.31 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Sgt John/FORUM - Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
2.32 - Green Bay Packers - Remote Controller - Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Some of my thoughts to get this going:

Green Bay: I liked the pick RC made in Round 1. When making a pick at the bottom of Round 2, I like to see guys with that 3rd-4th round grade because they have all the tools and just need the training. Dontay Moch is a fast, athletic freak, and would learn a great deal quickly on the roster of the Super Bowl Champions.

Baltimore: I wish Mutts could have made his pick. No way the Ravens go TE when they just drafted two last year.

San Francisco: E got a steal in the 2nd when he took Ijalana. Everything I read says this kid is going to turn into a beast

Kansas City: Its obvious the Chiefs need a solid #2 WR to go next to Bowe. After addressing the NT spot in Round 1, I was looking for a solid WR when the Chiefs came back up, and I think Edmund Gates is going to turn into a speedy #2 possession WR at the next level, exactly what Bowe needs.

MNJHNSN

Some of my thoughts to get this going:

Green Bay: I liked the pick RC made in Round 1. When making a pick at the bottom of Round 2, I like to see guys with that 3rd-4th round grade because they have all the tools and just need the training. Dontay Moch is a fast, athletic freak, and would learn a great deal quickly on the roster of the Super Bowl Champions.

Baltimore: I wish Mutts could have made his pick. No way the Ravens go TE when they just drafted two last year.

San Francisco: E got a steal in the 2nd when he took Ijalana. Everything I read says this kid is going to turn into a beast

Kansas City: Its obvious the Chiefs need a solid #2 WR to go next to Bowe. After addressing the NT spot in Round 1, I was looking for a solid WR when the Chiefs came back up, and I think Edmund Gates is going to turn into a speedy #2 possession WR at the next level, exactly what Bowe needs.

They took Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta....... Kyle Rudolph is ready to take over from Heap and offers way too much talent at a position of need for the organization. This is consistent with the best player on the board philosophy. Moreover, there is no way Rudolph is there with that pick in Rd 2 in the real draft and if he was, how could they pass up on a stud TE, regardless of Pitta and Dickson? They could evolve into a two TE set like the Pats employ with either Pitta or Dickson, playing 2nd fiddle to Rudolph.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNJHNSN

Denver - Like what the Sarge did here, although no way Fairley goes before Dareus.

Cinci - Like how Phic shored up the D in a big way, but this leaves some gaping holes on offence though...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Cinci - Like how Phic shored up the D in a big way, but this leaves some gaping holes on offence though...

peterson is a must. Pure and simple. I don't know they will be able to re-sign both JJ this year and the other Cb next. So you have to fix for the future.

Wilkerson was a huge snag. He is listed in alot of mocks going mid first round. They need a DE that can move to DT if needed. He is that kind of player.

As for holes on the offense, I don't buy it. 3rd round pick will be Rb or a Wr if a solid one drops. Qb will be an issue. But Cincy knows Carson won't play, and a rookie coming in with a new OC won't fly. I think they rangle for a vet of some type. I would, and I was picking.

MNJHNSN

peterson is a must. Pure and simple. I don't know they will be able to re-sign both JJ this year and the other Cb next. So you have to fix for the future.

Wilkerson was a huge snag. He is listed in alot of mocks going mid first round. They need a DE that can move to DT if needed. He is that kind of player.

As for holes on the offense, I don't buy it. 3rd round pick will be Rb or a Wr if a solid one drops. Qb will be an issue. But Cincy knows Carson won't play, and a rookie coming in with a new OC won't fly. I think they rangle for a vet of some type. I would, and I was picking.

I love your picks, dont get me wrong. I am just saying that they have HUGE needs on the offensive side of the ball to address, QB, WR have to be addressed either by way of FA or the draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I love your picks, dont get me wrong. I am just saying that they have HUGE needs on the offensive side of the ball to address, QB, WR have to be addressed either by way of FA or the draft.

Qb I totally agree. Wr I don't. They will re-sign all their existing wrs. There is no real dire need there. I am not convinced that Ocho is gone either yet.

MNJHNSN

2.23 - Kansas City Chiefs - Sgt John/FORUM - Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian

I think this is a huge reach. Better WR out there at this juncture for the Chiefs - Titus Young, Randall Cobb - maybe even Jerignan, although he is McCluster like.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A

I think this is a huge reach. Better WR out there at this juncture for the Chiefs - Titus Young, Randall Cobb - maybe even Jerignan, although he is McCluster like.

I disagree. I like what I see out of Gates, more than Cobb or Young.

Remote Controller

Thanks for doing this Sarge and thanks for the recap thread. I would have loved to have taken either Torrey Smith from Maryland or Greg Little from North Carolina with the second pick for the Packers. I believe they will take a wideout in this draft in the first 3 picks. I sincerely hope they get a DT, a top offensive lineman, and a Wr on the first day. I bet they trade down often and gain a few picks.

MNJHNSN

Absolutely you disagree and that is what is so beautiful about the draft in this and other leagues. It is a lottery and you hedge your bets. That is the beauty of this type of forum whereas we partake in friendly debate, it is a beautiful thing. Thanks brother for getting this thread going!!!!!

Fire

in the hole

I like Cobb the most out of this group. I see him as the next Hines Ward, but more of a deep threat with his speed. Good hands, great downfield blocker, and a huge love for the game.

Gates speed is intoxicating, and might get overdrafted because of it. Makes spectacular catches, then drops a routine slant.