Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
San Fran is now on the clock.

Key needs: Qb, Cb, DT also need Wr, C and OLB

who will be taken?

Phicinfan

Administrator
This is a perfect storm for San Fran. Do you take the young Qb of the future, or hit a dire need at Cb with Peterson. Heck, another solid Pass rushing DE isn't bad either.

Can't wait to see what folks think

efactor

Coming at you
If Peterson is on the board, there is no way in hell they pass.

That said, I think Peterson is long gone by 7 in the real world, so I expect Gabbart to go here, although Quinn will be considered as well.

Coachnorm

Maybe Peterson should have been long gone by now but it doesn't mean he should be skipped at this point. He is a great first round pick for all but a handful of teams.

Coachnorm

a little blurb from the news mill.

Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer thinks the chances of the Browns picking LSU CB Patrick Peterson at No. 6 have been "reduced" after they placed a second-round tender on restricted free agent CB Eric Wright. Analysis: To put it mildly, Grossi is wrong. The tender will ultimately be meaningless considering Wright is a four-year vet. His performance was bad enough in 2010 to warrant death threats from crazed fans. We doubt the Browns would draft Peterson, but that has a lot more to do with Joe Haden and the team's glaring needs at wide receiver and defensive line.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Have to go with how the mock falls, and Peterson is too good to pass up.

JScott

Administrator
I voted Peterson for CLE. If he's available (don't think he will be) I don't see the Browns passing on him so even more so for SF where CB is a need position.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Just an FYI, I have just seen three mock drafts that have Peterson going to San Fran. Cleveland takes either D-line or Wr if Green is there. Just sayin this isn't that far out of the box yet.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well, this is a runaway, so we will let San Fran head to the podium with Mr. Peterson.