Pick #21 - Kansas City

• Corey Liuget DT Illinois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameron Jordan DE California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I voted other. Its a few picks early, but the Chiefs NEED a true NT, and Phil Taylor out of Baylor fits the bill.

Baylor_logo.gif
Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor -
Height: 6-3. Weight: 334.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Combine 40 Time: 5.18.
Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.
Benchx225: 31. Vertical: 29.5. Arm: 34.
Projected Round (2011): Top 30 Pick.

3/5/11: Phil Taylor didn't run the 40 at his Pro Day, but he had a tremendous workout, prompting Gil Brandt to write that Taylor "I believe he might have solidified himself as a first-round pick with his workout."

3/1/11: Phil Taylor continues to impress. He lost some more weight (334) and despite his massive frame, he ran a 5.18 at the Combine. Taylor has completely turned his life around, and he's definitely looking like a first-round pick.

1/30/11: Phil Taylor dominated the North team's supposed elite offensive line, beating double teams and wreaking havoc on the North's quarterbacks. The NFL Network guys remarked that 335-pound players aren't supposed to have Taylor's moves. Taylor could sneak into the bottom of the first round.

1/26/11: Phil Taylor is a monster and might be moving into late first-round consideration. He dominated every matchup in the one-on-one drills. It was amazing how easily he pushed around an overmatched Demarcus Love.

5/6/10: Like Terrence Cody, Phil Taylor's weight will need to be monitored. The prospect of adding a 355-pound nose tackle sounds nice until he shows up to training camp at 390.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Just read the stuff on it. Its a concern but you just CANT find NT prospects like him that often. I think its a risk the Chiefs need to take, since its going to come down to pain tolerance later in his career versus structural soundness. He can take injections if he chooses to take care of the feet.

The days of 10 year NFL careers is rapidly closing. To use a 1st rounder on him and get four years at NT with him playing as dominant as he should be is worth the pick.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Our first Other victory this year. I think. The choice is Phil Taylor NT Baylor.

However, I will say that with the latest news that Talib will be cut...I think Jimmy Smith is a much more viable idea now.

Still, this slot belongs to Mr. Taylor.