Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Jaguars are on the clock:

Key needs - DE, S, CB, Wr, OLB, Qb

Phicinfan

Administrator
For the record, I have seen alot of mocks with Qb going here. I am sorry, I just don't buy it. Locker, Mallett, Ponder, Dalton are not early or even mid first round talent. Of those Qbs left I am a huge proponent of Mallett, but that being said there is no way I touch him here. So don't look for me to put any of them up for consideration...even if the team is Qb desperate... ;)

MNJHNSN

Smith is the best player on the baoord and suits their top need. Match made in heaven here. No brainer.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Jax really needs defensive help more than anything else. D-line is coming together and played pretty good last year. They more need a shut down corner or safety. Their pass defence, when it mattered most , just really stunk. Not sure how many picks they do have but defence first and foremost and then pick up a WR, another weakness they have. Then and only then if a QB is there grab him. Or what i would really prefer is same as above but not grab a QB and do whatever it takes to get the first pick next season and grab Luck. So get secondary and WR help and maybe even some line help this year and go for the QB next season.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jax really needs defensive help more than anything else. D-line is coming together and played pretty good last year. They more need a shut down corner or safety. Their pass defence, when it mattered most , just really stunk. Not sure how many picks they do have but defence first and foremost and then pick up a WR, another weakness they have.

This is my concern for Philly as well. But there are two schools of thought. Is it better to emphasize the Dbs, or increase the DL so there is more pressure which makes it easier for the Dbs you have? In the case of Philly, they have a defense that at times sells the farm, and puts the Cbs on an island. It forces you to have top notch Cbs that can cover one on one and lock down a reciever. Not sure what Jacksonville is looking to do. But I think a DE or OLB that can increase the Qb pressure would be a great fit here.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Well said. Jax did have alot of issues trying to put pressure on the opposing Qbs that maybe a DL would make sence. Jax has alot of issues on both sides and it going to be interesting to see what they do. ESP since Del Rio was told by the Weavers that this is it. Win and make playoffs or your gone. And with such a tough schedule coming up, i already see him gone. And as bad as shape Jax is in, don't think its the time to change HC, not a coach out there could do much better with what is on that team right now. But the fans here are already calling for his head so its probably inevitable.

Phicinfan

Administrator
need to get this moving. Aldon Smith is the choice for Jacksonville.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Not a bad pick, after looking around some not sure if he is the right pick, but not a bad pick either. Just think other needs are more important.