Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Dolphins are on the clock.

key needs: RB, Qb, S, DE or Rush OLB

Phicinfan

Administrator
I know Rb is a need. Especially if Miami lets both Brown and Williams go. But I just don't see Ingram as a first round talent, at least not this high. I personally would go LeShoure, but he will be available later.

Trade down would be the way to go, but we can't figure that in here.

To me the plan will be DL or OL. Too much smoke at Rb makes me believe Phins have other things on their mind. I think Pouncey could be a target here. As they need interior linemen. Solder could be too.

need to think on this some and see if I am over thinking it.

MNJHNSN

I agree that this is too early to take Ingram. The primary need is RB but a quality back can be picked up in other rounds. Aldon Smith would be the best player available for the Phins and it suits one of their needs.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Mark Ingram is the clear choice. He is the premier back of this draft, such as that maybe, and the Dolphins absolutely MUST get a RB in the 1st round. They can trade a 4th for Steve Slaton at a later time.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Mark Ingram is the clear choice. He is the premier back of this draft, such as that maybe, and the Dolphins absolutely MUST get a RB in the 1st round. They can trade a 4th for Steve Slaton at a later time.

Okay a few things here.

first, I agree they must get a Rb. I don't agree though it has to be through the draft. I also am not convinced it has to be in the first round. Teams make huge mistakes when they over draft a player due to expected need.

Secondly, I am not sold on Ingram being the elite Rb in this draft. He is not a game breaker, and has only average speed. I see him as more a system back, needed to be paired with a speed back. Granted Miami has done this in the past, but all I have heard is they want a more every down type back that can handle the load and recieve as well.

Not saying Leshoure is that either, as he isn't. But I don't really feel Ingram deserves that high a pick. Now, depending on how this draft falls, and how long it takes for the inevitable OT, OL run....they could trade down, get an extra pick or so and then get Ingram.

Only time will tell though.

Phicinfan

Administrator
without a 2nd round pick, they've got to get a rb now.

Okay, did not know this. Forgot they traded the pick to Denver. So with that, I do think they need to get a Rb. Actually, I think they need to trade down, get extra pick, and take Leshoure later.

but if they do go Rb, I think Ingram goes here.

bobbeaux

Okay, did not know this. Forgot they traded the pick to Denver. So with that, I do think they need to get a Rb. Actually, I think they need to trade down, get extra pick, and take Leshoure later.

but if they do go Rb, I think Ingram goes here.

completely agree with your reasoning . . . trading down and gaining another pick would be the way to go . . . but w/out trades in this draft and the uncertainty of free agency, it would be very risky if they had to wait until their 3rd rnd pick to get a rb.

that being said, i have a feeling rb's are going to be another group that drops in this draft as there seems to be a wide variety of "effective" backs . . . so, ol or a pass rusher wouldn't be out of the question.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, we need to push this, so we go with Mr. Ingram.