NFL News, Rumors post Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikeNbike

I haven't formed a definitive opinion his race is why he has not been hired, but there have certainly been some odd hires by teams that make you wonder, but I do believe there are other reasons as well. I am also thinking his interviews aren't going well, though that's purely speculation on my part, as I have no idea really but that seems to be the most reasonable/innocent assessment. Still I feel like unless he face plants on all his interviews, I feel like there should have been an opportunity for him considering all the jobs he has been linked to. Feels like a luke warm interview with the resume/track record he has would have gotten him a gig once by now.

hikeNbike

I also think Jim Caldwell deserves another shot if he can perform well as the OC in Carolina, that doesn't exactly have much to work with. Will see how that goes, he was pretty good all things considered as the Lions coach.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I also think Jim Caldwell deserves another shot if he can perform well as the OC in Carolina, that doesn't exactly have much to work with. Will see how that goes, he was pretty good all things considered as the Lions coach.
I agree, I am shocked he hasn't gotten another shot

Phicinfan

Administrator
TB - Buccaneers hiring former Seattle QB coach Dave Canales as their new OC

Phicinfan

Administrator
Den - Broncos looking for well known names for DC - have talked to Rex Ryan as well as now requesting to talk to current DC Vance Joseph of Arizona(and former HC...)
JAC - Calvin Ridley has officially applied to be reinstated

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - interviewing Bieniemy today for OC role
PHI - OT Lane Johnson having abductor muscle surgery today
Former NFL Coach Ken Whisenhunt is joining University of Alabama coaching staff

Phicinfan

Administrator
GB - Aaron Jones agreed to restructure his contract dropping his cap hit, which per some reports was very high
DAL - Dak Prescott stated he expects about 1/4 of the playbook to change with the new OC
ARI - Cardinals have released DC Vance Joseph from his contract, letting him interview for DC in Philly and Denver
SF - Niners have hired Klint Kubiak for a top spot on the Offensive staff
WAS - Commanders and Bieniemy are on their second day of interviewing for OC spot
PHI - Eagles plan is to have the new OC call plays, not Sirianni
IND - Colts claim WR Kristian Wilkerson off of waivers
NO - Alvin Kamara has been indicted for battery in Las Vegas for the incident last year
NYG - Giants have re-signed WR Isaiah Hodgins

Phicinfan

Administrator
CHI - Bears finalize deal to purchase ground in Arlington heights for new stadium. Also, rumors are starting to fly the team could trade Justin Fields for picks and then take QB at spot #1 - the benefit of having more time to build for new QB vs. 2 more years for Justin before large deal is the reason behind it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
CIN - Bengals DE Joseph Ossai had shoulder surgery for a torn Labram(he played most of season with it) and Jonah Williams OT had knee surgery for a dislocated knee cap.
Rumors - Rex Ryan to be next DC in Denver and Eagles seriously talking to Vance. Also seems Bieniemy will be next OC in Washington

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, tons of Coordinator news:
LAC - Chargers DC Renaldo Hill moving to Miami to be defensive passing coordinator, to replace Hill, Chargers are promoting Derrick Ansley
NYG - QB Daniel Jones is changing Agents to force for more money, looks like Giants may be forced to use FT, and then that means Saquon Barkley will be a FA. One report has Jones asking for $45 million a year - Yikes
NO - restructure OL Erik McCoy for cap help
LVR - fire DL coach Frank Okam
PIT - Steelers hire Aaron Curry as LB coach
DEN - Rex Ryan has officially interviewed for DC position
NE - Patriots agree to new deal for OL Conor McDermott
ARI - Cardinals hire Drew Petzing(former Browns QB coach) as OC, Hire Nick Rallis(former Eagle LB coach) as DC
CAR - DeAngelo Hall leaving NFL network to become Panthers asst. DB coach, also hire Shawn Jefferson as WR coach
SEA - GM from Seahawks says negotiations with Geno Smith are progressing well
WAS - Bieniemy officially signed as OC, and given multi-year deal, and will call plays for first time in this role - yeah I think I know why he kept getting passed over for HC
ARI - sign FA TE Noah Togiai
MIN - re-sign DL Khyiris Tonga
CHI - releasing DL Al-Quadin Muhammad
NO - Saints have re-signed WR Keith Kirkwood
CAR - confirm hire of OC Thomas Brown
GB - Reports out that the Team has had it with Rodgers, and want to move on. So even if he decides he wants to play, it may end up with a new team.
BUF - sign S Zayne Anderson to 2 year deal

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - Colts finalizing deal with Jim Bob Cooter as their OC

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL - window to start placing Franchise Tags has opened
PHI - meeting with Vance Joseph virtually for the next two days for the DC job

Phicinfan

Administrator
SF - Brock Purdy's surgery has been delayed due to inflammation
GB - reported last week that Aaron Jones redid his contract - it is now confirmed he took a $5 million cut to make this happen
WAS - expected to FT DT Daron Payne
SEA - signed OL Phil Haynes to a one year extension
BUF - supposedly some rumors that Diggs wants traded and his brother posting pictures of him in a Dallas uni. But that would be a huge cap hit for Bills to move Diggs.
LAR - hiring Chase Blackburn as ST coordinator
JAC- Evan Engram has posted that he has had very good talks on a new contract with the Jaguars

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hearing rumors that IF Baltimore places the FT on Lamar Jackson it will not be the exclusive tag. So a team could negotiate to get him, and would owe Ravens 2 1st round picks. I am also hearing the team is listening to offers. So I think they fear if they FT him, he won't play. I also have heard they don't want to pay him and more importantly guarantee the salary Jackson wants.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wonder if they dump Tannehill as well, but cap hit may be too high. Won't have much of a passing game without the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.