Lamar Jackson

Remote Controller

I'm not buying his injury. I'm also not blaming him for not wanting to play without a contract extension. He just isn't worth what he's asking for and all of the guarantees for he can't stay healthy with his style of play. He isn't Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow. Thankfully for the Ravens there is a team called the Jets which will pick up the whole tab for them and screw the pooch.

efactor

Coming at you
He's has had a couple streaks where you think he has taken the next step as a passer. Watched a game in 2021 against the Colts where he had 440 yards passing and 4 TDs. Throwing dimes all over the field. Got sooooooooo excited, I traded for him in two leagues that week. Had one good game the rest of the season before getting hurt. 26 years old, which is still young, but if you haven't developed as a passer by 26, you probably won't. His legs won't be young forever and as you pointed out, his playing style makes him more likely to get hurt.

Ravens might franchise tag him as they don't have anyone in the wings, but don't think they will give him a long extension. Doubt the Jets give up the farm for him either. Will be interesting to watch

Remote Controller

He's has had a couple streaks where you think he has taken the next step as a passer. Watched a game in 2021 against the Colts where he had 440 yards passing and 4 TDs. Throwing dimes all over the field. Got sooooooooo excited, I traded for him in two leagues that week. Had one good game the rest of the season before getting hurt. 26 years old, which is still young, but if you haven't developed as a passer by 26, you probably won't. His legs won't be young forever and as you pointed out, his playing style makes him more likely to get hurt.

Ravens might franchise tag him as they don't have anyone in the wings, but don't think they will give him a long extension. Doubt the Jets give up the farm for him either. Will be interesting to watch
Jets owner Woody Johnson 'absolutely' willing to pay for veteran QB: 'That's kind of the missing piece' This is the storyline I heard about yesterday and it led to much speculation on talk radio. :dunno:

efactor

Coming at you
Agree that that is the Jets missing piece but Lamar isn’t that guy. Draft capital and huge contract for a FF star is plain foolish.

Remote Controller

Agree that that is the Jets missing piece but Lamar isn’t that guy. Draft capital and huge contract for a FF star is plain foolish.
I agree with you on Lamar, but I see the Jets making a knee jerk move. They have a great young back and a great young wr, both with nice complimentary pieces at #2.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'm not buying his injury. I'm also not blaming him for not wanting to play without a contract extension. He just isn't worth what he's asking for and all of the guarantees for he can't stay healthy with his style of play. He isn't Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow. Thankfully for the Ravens there is a team called the Jets which will pick up the whole tab for them and screw the pooch.
He has a confirmed PCL knee sprain. But reports have been found where he states he won’t play if he isn’t close to 100%. This is all on Baltimore, they offered up cash but didn’t fully guarantee the deal, so he has no protection if he makes it worse

Remote Controller

He has a confirmed PCL knee sprain. But reports have been found where he states he won’t play if he isn’t close to 100%. This is all on Baltimore, they offered up cash but didn’t fully guarantee the deal, so he has no protection if he makes it worse
This is a Lamar sham.