NFL rumors and news - IN/OUT week 2

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
SEA - S Jamaal Adams seems to have suffered a major knee injury that also effects his quad - timetable not shared yet on injury
PIT - update on T.J. Watt - team feels he won't need surgery for the torn pec, and may be able to return this season at some point
WAS - lost DL Phidarian Mathis with a torn meniscus in his knee for the year - placed on IR - signed FA DT Donovan Jeter to replace him on roster
LVR - place CB Anthony Averett on IR with broken thumb, and claimed DB Javelin Guidry off of waivers from Arizona
NE - per reports Mac Jones seems to be okay, he has passed all the tests
SF - Elijah Mitchell has a sprained MCL and will miss about 8 weeks
TB - OLT Donovan Smith has a hyperextended elbow and his playing time will be controlled by his pain tolerance - so not sure what time he will miss
BAL - CB Kyle Fuller is out for rest of year with torn ACL
DAL - other injury concerns - S Jayron Kearse has a knee sprain(MCL) and set to miss a few weeks, OG Connor McGovern has high ankle sprain that could miss time as well
TB - Chris Godwin WR to miss a few weeks with Hamstring strain
CIN - LS Clark Harris to miss extended time with biceps issue
GB - LB Kris Barnes believed to have high ankle sprain and calf injury - amount of time missed not yet known

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN - Da'Shawn Hand DL out for season with torn quad
PIT - Najee Harris says he will play this week

Phicinfan

Administrator
LAC - per Allen himself, he has little chance to play this Thursday - Keenan Allen

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Jerry Jones hitting the crack pipe real early this year.

Says Dak could be back in 4 weeks.

No way in hell old man.

Phicinfan

Administrator
LAC - J.C. Jackson is back for limited practice - Hammy injury for Keenan Allen not as severe as thought, will miss this week but could play next week
KC - K Harrison Butker has a sprained ankle(team blaming turf in Arizona), may not be ready this week
NE - place RB Ty Montgomery on IR
SF - place Elijah Mitchell on IR - having vet RBs visit this week
IND - release K Rodgrigo Blankenship - have signed a few Ks on PS
PHI - place Derek Barnett on IR, sign DL Janarius Robinson off of Vikings PS
CAR - place Andre Roberts on IR
TEN - placed Da'Shawn Hand DL and A.J. Moore DB on IR
KC - places Trent McDuffie on IR
GB - places LB Krys Barnes on IR
LAR - places RB Kyren Williams on IR
SEA - Seahawks expect Kenneth Walker III RB to play this week

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - Alex Pierce in concussion protocol
NYJ - S Jordan Whitehead very questionable this week with ankle injury
WAS - Brian Robinson is back doing agility drills with team - great to hear for this young man

Phicinfan

Administrator
Keenan Allen OUT week 2
J.C. Jackson still listed as Questionable
Harrison Butker K KC out for Thursday
Giants CB Aaron Robinson out with appendectomy
Tee Higgins still in concussion protocol
Zach Wilson back to practice
Alex Leatherwood put on NFI list for illness will miss at least 4 games

Phicinfan

Administrator
Justin Simmons S DEN placed on IR, signed S Anthony Harris FA to PS

Mike

Administrator
If he’s not, and I agree he should not, Dallas’ season is over

Not sure where the Cowboys season was headed before the Dak injury, but I wasn't convinced that it would even be the playoffs.

Watch how this team performs now. I'm not saying Cooper Rush is the next Tom Brady, but I'm clearly not throwing the season away based ont eh loss of Dak. I think Rush, if the team doesn't quit, can lead the team.

Yeah, I have never been sold on Dak being a quarterback that can take a team to the next level.

And it may not even be Cooper Rush by the end of this week. Dallas could sign someone, but I don't think they should. Go with the backup and see where it takes you.

I will still never understand why they paid Dak all that money.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not sure where the Cowboys season was headed before the Dak injury, but I wasn't convinced that it would even be the playoffs.

Watch how this team performs now. I'm not saying Cooper Rush is the next Tom Brady, but I'm clearly not throwing the season away based ont eh loss of Dak. I think Rush, if the team doesn't quit, can lead the team.

Yeah, I have never been sold on Dak being a quarterback that can take a team to the next level.

And it may not even be Cooper Rush by the end of this week. Dallas could sign someone, but I don't think they should. Go with the backup and see where it takes you.

I will still never understand why they paid Dak all that money.
I don't think Cooper Rush has a shot in hell. I don't think Tom Brady would have a shot in hell. The OL is awful, the injury to Tyrone Smith and others makes it worse than last year. WRs are hurt, report out now that Gallup will miss at least another week. Its easy to shut a passing game down when you only have 1 WR to cover. Don't care how good Cee Dee Lamb is.
That being said - its the NFC east, a 0.500 team will win that division, and Dallas as bad as it is could be that team. Not without Dak and his running though. IMO.
Also the mistake made was the big pay to Zeke first. He did not deserve the big money and Jerry Jones let himself get played. Then he let himself get played by Dak.

As a HUGE Eagles fan, I find some comfort watching Dallas flounder :D

Phicinfan

Administrator
PFT has a report out that states Aaron Rodgers feels he needs to get on same page as young WRs - gee Aaron, maybe you should have played a bit in the pre-season?
Rams' Matthew Stafford is not on injury report, but two of his starting OL are, and missing practice with knee injuries - YIKES
Michael Gallup expected to miss another week
Lamar Jackson says he is done talking about his contract, however in an interview he was asked by ESPN will he play all season on his current deal and he stated - "We will see" Uh oh folks....

Phicinfan

Administrator
PIT - expected to place T.J. Watt on IR, means he will miss at least 6 weeks
LAC - J.C. Jackson is GTD

efactor

Coming at you
Over/under on underhand TD passes Mahomes tosses tonight. 1.5

You should have to actually throw the ball to have it count as a TD. This guy is the biggest stat whore since Favre

Phicinfan

Administrator
SEA - Jamal Adams out rest of season after tearing his quad tendon, Seahawks signing DB Teez Tabor off of ATL PS
NE - Mac Jones back to missing practice with an "illness" - yah no its not his back.... :rolleyes:
DET - D'Andre Swift missing practice again

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Weather expected to be very rainy for 49ers home opener. 2nd week in a row of torrential rain.

Phicinfan

Administrator
LAC - post Thursday night game - Herbert has some kind of abdominal issue or maybe a rib issue, did not look good toward end of game, also lost starting C and OG during the game.