NFL week 7 in/out, news and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So I have to ask, and am not really being sarcastic here - why pay Hunt and Chubb what they are? What I saw was an offense that the line was good enough to make holes for the #3 and #4 backs and they did really well running. Yes it was Denver, and their defense is pretty weak evidently, but still....

I believe they just extended Hunt recently, but not sure where they are with Chubb.

efactor

Coming at you
So I have to ask, and am not really being sarcastic here - why pay Hunt and Chubb what they are? What I saw was an offense that the line was good enough to make holes for the #3 and #4 backs and they did really well running. Yes it was Denver, and their defense is pretty weak evidently, but still....

I believe they just extended Hunt recently, but not sure where they are with Chubb.
Totally agree.

I know Denver sucks, but Johnson looked to be a better pure runner than Hunt and not that far off from Chubb. Hunt is a good receiver, but not amazing.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Darren Waller added to injury report today and "doesnt look great to play" according to Schefter

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Mahomes got his bell rung. Probably out for the game in an absolute blowout.

Maybe itll wake his ass up

Phicinfan

Administrator
Miles Sanders leaves early with ankle injury. Questionable to return.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sam Darnold was pulled from game, and replace by Walker - not for injury, - Post game HC said Sam is still starter, just wanted a spark.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Fallout from weekend games week 7:
ARI - Kyler Murray took some heavy shots - but says he is okay
SF - HC Shanahan states Jimmy G might start week 8 - has to see what injury status is - I think some of the Jimmy G shine is falling off
PHI - key defensive players are starting to throw DC under the bus - "I am just playing what is called"
HOU - Tyrod Taylor expected to practice this week
LVR - Josh Jacobs seemed to have dodge the major injury bullet with his chest injury - should be back fairly quick per HC
TB - JPP stated in an interview he is playing with a fractured finger and a torn rotator cuff
HOU - confirmed by a few sources that two teams have stepped up to get Watson - Miami and Carolina - deadline is tomorrow by 4pm for in season trade

Phicinfan

Administrator
more week 7 fall out:
NE - put Jonathan Jones Cb on IR after shoulder surgery - out rest of season
GB - Packers DC tested positive for Covid
NYJ - Zach Wilson out 2-4 weeks with PCL strain

efactor

Coming at you
SF - HC Shanahan states Jimmy G might start week 8 - has to see what injury status is - I think some of the Jimmy G shine is falling off

HOU - confirmed by a few sources that two teams have stepped up to get Watson - Miami and Carolina - deadline is tomorrow by 4pm for in season trade
If Shanahan watched that game with his eyes open, ANY shine left on Jimmy fell off. Not just a brutal performance, but the body language was not that of a leader. I know the conditions were bad, but Wentz managed to do OK.

I believe the trade deadline is November 2nd, so a week to get a deal worked out. Hoping he goes to Miami. Would be fun to watch him throwing to Waddle and Fuller next year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
If Shanahan watched that game with his eyes open, ANY shine left on Jimmy fell off. Not just a brutal performance, but the body language was not that of a leader. I know the conditions were bad, but Wentz managed to do OK.

I believe the trade deadline is November 2nd, so a week to get a deal worked out. Hoping he goes to Miami. Would be fun to watch him throwing to Waddle and Fuller next year.
Best report now has teams fighting to get Watson - Miami and Carolina are the two negotiating. Not heard one word on trying to get Jimmy G. However, Pittsburgh, Loser of Miami or Carolina, or maybe Denver? All of this also may be influenced by if or not Aaron Rodgers is available next year also and who may want to see to that

Phicinfan

Administrator
I need to do my Qb assessment since we are getting near mid-season...

Status
Not open for further replies.